Author Topic: Can You Export Favorites?  (Read 6161 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Can You Export Favorites?
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 06:37:03 PM »
If you've chosen the default install, there's a shortcut to your data folder inside the main mGalaxy folder
(the shortcut is pointing to c > users > yourname > appdata (hidden folder) > roaming > mGalaxy)
This folder contains indeed a folder per system, with icon.png, favorites.ini, last10.ini, top10.ini files inside.

If you've chosen a 'portable' install the data folder is inside the main mGalaxy folder.
If you tell me that this folder just contains 'icon.png' this is perhaps due to the fact that windows doesn't let mGalaxy write directly inside ProgramsFiles > mGalaxy (this is a known fact).

What installation did you chose? Can you see your favorites when you start mGalaxy?

WishItWas1984

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 02:59:16 PM »
For now, the simplest way is to browse to your mGalaxy data folder (there's a shortcut to it - or the folder itself, if you chose a 'portable' install -in your main mGalaxy folder).
Copy the content to a safe location.
If you re-install mGalaxy, it's then just a matter of dragging those file to the same mGalaxy data folder to overwrite previous ones.

Is this a satisfactory solution for you?

Just inquiring: would you like to have an option to save those files to a DropBox folder?

Ok, I just tried your solution but I am not seeing the proper files I think.

I have an mGalaxy Data folder under ProgramFiles on my C: but inside there are just subfolders for all the different systems. When I click into MAME there's just an icon.png. No indication of any database files that would hold my currently selected favorites.

What would be really cool is a feature that backs up mGalaxy, settings, roms, video snaps, snapshots, etc.... to one file. So a simple unzip/unrar to a new machine could get you up and running in a single step.

WishItWas1984

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 06:00:28 AM »

Just inquiring: would you like to have an option to save those files to a DropBox folder?

Thanks, I appreciate the response. Backing up that folder will do nicely.

As for your Dropbox question, no not really. It's not often that I would update my MAME favorites and settings. It's easier for me to just plug in an external hard drive to back it up.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 03:31:12 AM »
For now, the simplest way is to browse to your mGalaxy data folder (there's a shortcut to it - or the folder itself, if you chose a 'portable' install -in your main mGalaxy folder).
Copy the content to a safe location.
If you re-install mGalaxy, it's then just a matter of dragging those file to the same mGalaxy data folder to overwrite previous ones.

WishItWas1984

Can You Export Favorites?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 01:22:49 AM »
The subject says it all....is there any way to export the Favorites game list in mGalaxy in case of PC death/upgrade so I don't have to go through the long process manually again?

Thanks