Author Topic: mgalaxy doesn't properly scan new rom structure for Higan  (Read 4723 times)

zolcos

Re: mgalaxy doesn't properly scan new rom structure for Higan
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 06:46:16 PM »
if this is confirmed to be a regression in higan support rather than my mistake then perhaps a moderator can move the thread to the bug reporting section

Aeliss

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 02:46:10 PM »
I don't think higan can be used in mGalaxy, because in your case, all games have same name, mGalaxy workx with rom name not folder.

Personally I'm using Fceux and snes9x.

Bigby

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 02:21:37 PM »
To get around this problem, I use RetroArch and it's bsnes core(s), which can be used with zipped roms.

This is the commandline I use in the Systems.xml:

Code: [Select]
<Cmd id="3" name="RetroArch" value="-L cores\bsnes_balanced_libretro &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot; -f" />
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 02:25:58 PM by Bigby »

zolcos

mgalaxy doesn't properly scan new rom structure for Higan
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 01:59:04 PM »
Higan now requires using an import feature that converts your roms into a special format only for Higan and will not load regular roms specified on the command line.
However, if I set my rom path to the folder containing the converted roms that higan wants, mgalaxy doesn't detect any roms in the folder. This is because each game is its own folder instead of an individual file, and Higan needs to be told the folder path on the command line in order to work. Telling higan any individual file name will not work.
Also all the files in each folder have the same generic name such as "program.rom". Unique names are only found in the folder name. The folder is named after the expected rom filename such as "Super Mario All-Stars (NA) (1.0).sfc" (Yes, the folder name has .sfc at the end)