Author Topic: screenshots?  (Read 16019 times)

dashingw

• Email
Re: screenshots?
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 06:53:07 AM »
All you have to do is put the pics in a folder and direct mGalaxy to that folder for snaps. Just make sure they are all in .png format and that the .png extension is lowercase and the filename matches you ROM name exactly !!

Timepilot2084

• RetroGamer Elite
    • Facebook Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 07:50:58 PM »
Nestopia saves screenshots individually-i.e., not in a folder.  With mGalaxy open, press SHIFT.  At the bottom of the menu, make sure SNAPSHOTS SEPARATED is not selected.  That should do it...
TimePilot2084

Aeliss

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 10:56:34 AM »
Yep, make a try in local, because all is automatic, you don't need database for that, you just need exact file name and good format.

I don't see why it don't work

chrispitude

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 02:57:12 PM »
None of them work at all. I don't need to rebuild the database or anything, do I?

I can copy the snapshots directory from the Samba share to the local drive and see if that helps.

Aeliss

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 11:53:51 AM »
Lot of snaps are from this site for me too, and they works fine.

You have no screenshot working or you miss some of them ?

chrispitude

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 08:24:56 PM »
I can't seem to get snapshots to work on my end. The snapshot names match the ROM files, and the .png extension is lowercase. For example,

$ ls roms/carnival*
roms/carnival.7z  roms/carnivalc.7z  roms/carnivalh.7z  roms/carnivalha.7z
$ ls snapshots/carnival*
snapshots/carnivalc.png  snapshots/carnivalha.png  snapshots/carnivalh.png  snapshots/carnival.png

These are the same paths I'm pointing to in mGalaxy_runway. They're Samba shares on a linux server, if that matters, but it finds the ROMs just fine. Any ideas?

Edit: The snapshots I'm using are from

http://www.progettosnaps.net/snapshots/

If these are known not to work, or if there are better snapshot archives I should be using, please let me know!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:14:02 PM by chrispitude »

Web Slinger

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 07:54:51 AM »
Ah, there we go!  thank you both for helping me! Kudos!  XD
oh oh!  -----and I apologize for the huge screenshots...  I do not know how to make them smaller... 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:11:01 PM by Web_Slinger »
THWIPP!!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 08:58:00 PM »
Take out the _001 in the name of the .png file, it has to be the same as the ROM as you know. That's the only thing I can see wrong with you screen shots. The folder does not have to be with MGalaxy. The snap folder can be anywhere on your PC as long as you point MGalaxy to it, like you did...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 09:10:12 PM by dashingw »

Web Slinger

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 07:17:51 PM »
This is really getting on my nerves.  I did install the batch file, and made sure in my registry that it applied.  I really appreciate your help, but there must be some super secret no one is telling me.  lol
Do the screenshot  .png files have to be in a special name?  Do they need to be in the folders that CAME with mGalaxy or just with my emulator?  I did set the file location correct according to my screenshots provided...   
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 07:19:32 PM by Web_Slinger »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 02:48:26 AM »
This is due to the fact that your extensions are capitalized '.PNG' where mGalaxy waits for a '.png' (this limit is removed in the new version I'm working on)

I've written you a little batch file that will rename all your .PNG files to .png files.
Simply place it in the folder that contains your .PNG files and run it.
(think to do a refresh of your folder or you may think that nothing has changed)

Voila...hope it'll help !!

Web Slinger

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 07:47:49 PM »
I appreciate you helping me, sorry to be a pain.  Unfortunately, it still does not work.   
That's what I did--also, my screenshots are  .PNG  format, and the image name matches the rom name.  :-\
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 07:51:15 PM by Web_Slinger »

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 03:52:27 PM »
Put a folder called whatever you want ( I called it "snaps") and put it in you Nintendo NES root with the exe file and ROM folder etc... Etc...

Of course put all your pics in that folder you made as well. Now run the mGalaxy_runway file where you set up the emulator in mGalaxy and where you see the option under NES for Snap Path, point it to that folder you made with your pics (snaps) in it and save at the bottom

That should do it...

Web Slinger

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 01:50:49 PM »
woah woah, wait...  The folder needs to be named snaps? ...and which emulator folder? The one with all my games and emulator exe or the folder that came with mGalaxy?  It would say:  Nintendo NES.

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 07:24:07 PM »
Put your PNG in a folder called snaps which is put in the emulator folder ( say Mame for example.) Then point mGalaxy_runway at that snaps folder..

Web Slinger

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 02:37:31 PM »
Okay, I have all the screenshots of all my roms, and the .PNG files match the rom name!  AWESOMESAUCE! Now, how do I use these screeenshots in the menu?