Author Topic: What is the Screenshot Resolution Size?  (Read 5131 times)

tutimane

• Email
Re: What is the Screenshot Resolution Size?
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 10:15:29 AM »
355 x 355  is what I was looking for.
Making an image with that resolution scales it up on my monitor and looks pixelated.
So I took that resolution and multiplied by 2 to get 710x710
Using 710 x 710 gives me a great picture and scales better.

I was pretty much looking for a resolution to make custom game images be uniform. and i didnt want to use a resolution that scales okay or slightly off. I wanted to use up all the screenshot space completely.

I'm working on an arcade/desk fusion to simulate a candy cabinet and I decided to only add games to the front end as if it was a cabinet itself meaning i wont add tons of games to make a s*** list. For example instead of adding all the metal slugs ill add metal slug 2 as if i had to choose if i had a real arcade of what games to put in. So if I had a real arcade i'd add tatsunoko vs capcom for the wii and thats why im loving mgalaxy. What I'm trying to do is balance out the games i add to the front end so its closest to a real arcade but just digital. I hate when people play mame and have MILLIONS of games added like in hyperspin.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:17:07 AM by tutimane »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: What is the Screenshot Resolution Size?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 04:49:23 PM »
I'm not sure to understand...Are you talking of the screenshots size or the background wallpaper?
The background image is 800x600px while the screenshot is 335x335px
Those images are then scaled to fit any resolution.

tutimane

• Email
What is the Screenshot Resolution Size?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 03:55:36 PM »
I know the program scales any image to fit the GUI.
I decided to treat mgalaxy like the Arcade Room and treat the Games as Cabinets and not just a list of crappy games to fill the front end.

So I want to make my own images in photoshop to highlight the game, Exactly like the PC gaming Steams Grid Images. Except for mame. Pretty much as much eyecandy as possible in a picture.

Anyways What size does mgalaxy scale the image to, so that i can use that resolution to make my custom images to look as best as possible so that i dont have to worry about any scaling.

Btw Hey mgalaxy creator! I'm the guy that was voluntarily making a trailer for mgalaxy but so much happened that I was never able to finish the project. In fact I was done and lost the project.

Annnddd I donated to get the Blue Premium Skin.
If you would let me just make one custom skin for you! i promise i'll make great ones and send it to.
Infact I'll make a template so you can see what I'm capable of.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 03:58:55 PM by tutimane »