Author Topic: "mGalaxy has stopped working" before it even starts.  (Read 33799 times)

yamzzz

Re: "mGalaxy has stopped working" before it even starts.
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2014, 07:56:15 AM »
Glad to see that you finally get the database working! :-)
Would you by chance have a 'catver.ini' file v0.151...so that I can build a database for you?

Oh for some reason I hadn't seen this reply until now! Would it be possible to just use a 0.152 catver.ini file for this database? I can't imagine it would be a problem. If that's okay, it can be found at http://www.progettoemma.net/public/ccount/click.php?id=6

Thanks for the offer and I hope I'm not too late!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2014, 12:16:09 AM »
Glad to see that you finally get the database working! :-)
Would you by chance have a 'catver.ini' file v0.151...so that I can build a database for you?

yamzzz

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 08:37:08 PM »
Have you tried downloading the Mame database here:
http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;cat=1
Import it with the mGalaxy_Runway 'import' button inside the MAME tab...and tell us what happen!
Y'know... that actually worked for me! Which is awesome! Thanks. :D

But since I apparently can't generate my own database file from my MAME (0.151 or 0.152) that is quite a few versions ahead of this 0.145 one, is there anyone out there who has and would care to share? Thanks again.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 06:07:40 AM »
Have you tried downloading the Mame database here:
http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;cat=1
Import it with the mGalaxy_Runway 'import' button inside the MAME tab...and tell us what happen!

b_jammin666

• Email
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 04:10:02 PM »
I am having the exact same problem. I cannot get mGalaxy to run at all, even if disabling MAME. I have tried all the other options in this thread.

It is installed at c:\emulators\mgalaxy\

Any other ideas..?

The following is in the event viewer:

Faulting application name: mGalaxy.exe, version: 5.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x52da69ff
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb1116
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
Faulting process id: 0x105c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf3274fd491e0a
Faulting application path: C:\emulators\mgalaxy\mGalaxy.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 3b8f62c4-9e68-11e3-8a85-00197edb9ab0

And this one too:

Application: mGalaxy.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
Stack:
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at mGalaxy.Application.Main()

Aeliss

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 09:19:21 AM »
Try to make a fake database. Make a file called xmlout.xml (in Mgalaxy\Data\MAME) with inside

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<dbase name="MAME" version="0.148 (Jan 11 2013)">
  <game name="Game-name" cloneof="">
    <description>blablabla</description>
    <genre>Labyrinthe</genre>
    <players>2P alt</players>
  </game>
</dbase>

with a real game name without extension.
If that don't work, I see only a bad path in mGalaxy_Runway for ROM.

Edit: Wich one extension have your roms ?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:20:56 AM by Aeliss »

yamzzz

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 04:34:59 PM »
I think I'm out of ideas.  :o :(

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 07:33:37 AM »
Without speaking about the "window security system", it s a better idea to make a partition for system (and applications usefull for it, like virtual drive), one other for applications, and one other for data.

It s really more easy to make maintenance, to repair or to make backup. Even you are carefull, your partition with system will be crappy, bad uninstalls, out of date installation, useless DLL, etc. Better idea to have a clean partition for applications and no comment for the utility to have all your data on an other partition.

Have you already take a look on a computer belong to a person that know nothing in computer ? C:/ take 500 G (with more than 100 folders with incomprehensible name in "program file" and ofc without defragmentation) full craps and he have D:/ 10%full E:/ Totally empty, ect ..
I second that...totally agree with you Aeliss!!

Aeliss

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 05:04:35 AM »
Yep sorry, it s that I want to said, avoid "Program Files" but It s better avoid "C:"

Without speaking about the "window security system", it s a better idea to make a partition for system (and applications usefull for it, like virtual drive), one other for applications, and one other for data.

It s really more easy to make maintenance, to repair or to make backup. Even you are carefull, your partition with system will be crappy, bad uninstalls, out of date installation, useless DLL, etc. Better idea to have a clean partition for applications and no comment for the utility to have all your data on an other partition.

Have you already take a look on a computer belong to a person that know nothing in computer ? C:/ take 500 G (with more than 100 folders with incomprehensible name in "program file" and ofc without defragmentation) full craps and he have D:/ 10%full E:/ Totally empty, ect ..

For me, and I think lot of emulator user, portability is more important than security, and for me "Application Data" is an horror too. But I can understand why it s usefull for devs.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 05:59:37 AM by Aeliss »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 05:24:27 PM »
For information C: is for windows, It s a good thing to never install application on it if you want to avoid autorisation problem.

This is actually the inverse! Install your application outside of Program Files if you want (have) to avoid permission rules associated to this folder...in a simple way....(but I agree that you shouldn't try to bypass restrictions imposed by the Operating System!!)
C: is of course available to the user...where would you put your files otherwise!?
The installation directory have no influence on the program whatsoever. There is nothing special about the Program Files directories, just they are defined in the registry as the default locations to install applications (...and have super-duper protections on them)
Program Files is intended to store files that do not change during run of application. Files stored there should be changed only during installation/update.
Files to be changed during application run (profiles, settings etc.) should be stored in "Application Data" directory in users folder....and this is the actual default behavior of mGalaxy.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:32:58 PM by mgalaxy »

Aeliss

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 04:28:21 AM »
Check the filter but for me you have a path folder problem. Mame don't use same path than mGalaxy for exemple. Or you sill have a folder in windows system part.

For information C: is for windows, It s a good thing to never install application on it if you want to avoid autorisation problem.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 04:37:11 AM by Aeliss »

yamzzz

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 07:13:07 PM »
Alright, I generated that file and it ends up being about 150mB. I can import it into Runway and then mGalaxy starts successfully with that database... except then it shows 0 roms. Aahh!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 08:36:57 AM »
Would you please try to generate an xmlout.xml file like explained here http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=513.msg1770#msg1770 and see if that works!!

yamzzz

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 07:06:34 AM »
I was thinking that too but according to the error message I had received, that folder didn't exist anywhere other than the wrong directory. I've re-installed quite a few times and have tried to be vigilant when it comes to cleaning up the leftover files! :D

And unfortunately, there is no xmlout.xml file because mGalaxy_Runway crashes when I try to generate that database with MAME 0.151. All I have is icon and temp. :(

Is there anything else I might try doing in order to help?

Thanks for your support!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 05:54:08 AM »
First off, the data folder still installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\mGalaxy\Data so I initially received the error you see as the attachment.
By default the mGalaxy data folder is installed in users/.../appdata/mGalaxy
...so the folder you saw was the one from the previous install (this folder isn't removed by the uninstaller to keep your previous data saved).
Anyway ;-)
It seems that you get an error while trying to load the 'xmlout.xml' file from the Mame folder inside of your mGalaxy data folder...would you please send me this file?!
If you can live with it, I would advice you to install mGalaxy with the default settings (thus not installing data folder it inside the mGalaxy application folder)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:57:29 AM by mgalaxy »