Author Topic: mGalaxy 5.2 trouble when returning from MAME  (Read 15494 times)

PP-Arcade

Re: mGalaxy 5.2 trouble when returning from MAME
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 12:37:56 PM »
I'm also having this problem, when returing to mGalaxy the screen seems to be frozen.
Can select and start other game in the background but the sceen stays the same.
(ati card)

Aeliss

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »
I have an nvidia too, but I don't think it s an hardware problem.

I have made somes others tries, but impossible to have the bug again, sorry.

fleskebacon

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 11:26:40 AM »
Not using any keyboard emulation software or anything. The I-pac runs as a keyboard without any drivers. I don't have any background applications running, and I don't use any scripts.

For me it happens totally randomly, seems to happen in every game on occasion.

For me the cursor actually works, it just doesn't show on the screen.. So if you move down a couple of times and hit start, the game a few rows down will start. So it seems more like a graphics issue than a controller issue to me.

I have an nVidia-card, can't remember exactly which one, probably a GT 630. Could try updating drivers?

And yeah, escape also solves it.

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 10:58:38 AM »
Ah yep me too, on others emulators , but I thought it was because I m using a x360 wrapper (perhpas it s same because of the I-pac). All the buttons work except the cursor (up/down/right and left)

But I don't know how to reproduce this bug :( , it s really rare, and when happen I do like you or with escape key.

edit:
I have just remade the test with 4/5 emulators with 10 roms everytime, no bug :(
Perhaps a background application ?
Are you using X-padder too ?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:04:30 AM by Aeliss »

fleskebacon

mGalaxy 5.2 trouble when returning from MAME
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 03:26:35 PM »
Sometimes, when I exit a MAME game, mGalaxy doesn't respond to keystrokes. It happens like 1 in 10 times or so.

What happens is, that I can't move the cursor selecting games. I can open the "top 10" menu, but I can't move the cursor there either. I can also run games, even though the cursor isn't moving on screen, it seems to actually move in "background", so the game I start isn't necessarily the one highlighted.

When I open the filter keyboard, everything returns to normal.

I run Windows 7 64-bits and use an I-pac. I have customised the key mapping scheme for mGalaxy.

v5.0 also acted this way for me. MAME versions 0.149, 0.150 and now 0.152.