Author Topic: Need Help on Scripts/Database  (Read 7619 times)

Dressiel

Re: Need Help on Scripts/Database
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 06:41:52 AM »
yeah i looked into the xml a while ago. just as i tought i need to rename my complete romset to match your database or i completely write my own database.....same goes for snaps. So thats a lot of work. ithink its cost me 3 years ;P sooo......nope. let it be how it is ;P

The whole system is working perfectly.....in combination of xpadder, i can shutdown the emu and return to the frontend with just the controller.....just awesome

and again:
i love you for this amazing sofware! keep up the good work

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 06:19:12 AM »
So what is with the Database/Snap Problem?

Yes indeed the 'screenshots' name and 'roms' name have to be the same.
To a rom named 'pacmn.zip' should correspond a screenshot named 'pacmn.png'.

The databases that you can find on this site (http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;cat=1) - if you want to use them...this is not a mandatory step! - are often named with a word inside brackets (ex.: Atari 5200 [No-Intro] )
The '[No-Intro]' tag warns you that the 'romset' (the whole roms familly) inside this database will obey to the 'No-Intro' naming convention.
So, to use this database, you better have your own roms named that way! (or find the 'No-Intro' romset for this emulator on the net!!)

If you're not sure, you can open a database with a text editor...and see if the names inside match with your roms name.

Hope this will help you!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:20:43 AM by mgalaxy »

Dressiel

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 05:01:18 AM »
Problem solved!
Just edit the Firewall Rules for all mGalaxy_Scripts ! and it worked with Firewall/Antivir on !
thx alot for you help

So what is with the Database/Snap Problem?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 04:56:39 AM »
I don't know what your firewall is...but the idea is
1) to create a rule for (each) of the 'mGalaxy_Script.exe' files, telling that they are "trusted" applications (or allowing them to launch another application..I don't know ?!).
2) There's also a 'Game mode' mode on some firewall allowing you to play without being interrupted by the firewall alerts.
3) You could try to do an "ALT-TAB" when the problem occurs (yes the ALT key should launch a mGalaxy window...but keep it pressed and press the TAB...you should then perhaps see the firewall message and choose the action to take???

Dressiel

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 04:45:26 AM »
sry for doublepost

Update:
If the Firewall/AntiVir are off.....the scripts ("ESC"-Button) are working perfectly !! thx

so how to use the script without turning my firewall off ?

and how about the database/Snap usage ?

Dressiel

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 04:27:05 AM »
I choose the default install so the mGalaxy_data folder is "AppData>Roaming>mGalaxy"

"Into the folder of the Emulator" SHOULD BE "At the same level that the emulator application"....Is that your case?

YES

i try it without antivir

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 03:44:22 AM »
Where is your mGalaxy data folder located? (which type of installation did you choose: the default one...or the one with the data folder INSIDE the mGalaxy application folder?)

So i downloaded the scripts as executable and put them into the folder of the Emulator. Next, i start MGalaxy (the option in "mGalaxy_Runway" for using Scripts is activated)...and i see my mouse as a "hourglass pointer" (dont know how to put it in english, in german we call it "SandUhr"). Seems he try to load something but nothing happens. If i hit "Esc" the application shows me a window (cant remember what he is saying), i guess the script itself is working but incompatible with my Emulator exe files ? Does it make sense to you?

"Into the folder of the Emulator" SHOULD BE "At the same level that the emulator application"....Is that your case?
Is your AntiVirus or Firewall running? Could you make a test with them off?

Dressiel

Need Help on Scripts/Database
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 03:27:25 AM »
Hi there.
first of , english is not my native language... so sry for that ;P

First Problem:
I have setup my N64 (Project64 v2.1); SNES (Snes9x v1.53); PS1 (epsxe v1.9.0); PS2 (PCSX2 v1.0.0 r5350), they all working just fine as standalone.
On mGalaxy i run into a problem, it seems that the scripts are not working.... without using the scripts mGalaxy works perfect. But i need the Option to press a Button (ex: "ESC" or using xpadder for X360 Pad). So i downloaded the scripts as executable and put them into the folder of the Emulator. Next, i start MGalaxy (the option in "mGalaxy_Runway" for using Scripts is activated)...and i see my mouse as a "hourglass pointer" (dont know how to put it in english, in german we call it "SandUhr"). Seems he try to load something but nothing happens. If i hit "Esc" the application shows me a window (cant remember what he is saying), i guess the script itself is working but incompatible with my Emulator exe files ? Does it make sense to you?

Second (minor) Problem:
Database xml files.... if i download the database files and put in the mGalaxy_data folders ... nothing happens on mGalaxy frontend ?! If i create a database using mGalaxy_Runway... nothing happens ?! im stuck ;( I think i must rename my Romsets to fit the names in the downloaded database xml, right ?
And where can i get the Snaps (probably EmuMovies ? but hate to register ;( )

Last Words.
Thanks for this awesome Software, i just want to combine my Emulator in a simple way and build a EmulationStation. mgalaxy=Perfect !

Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 03:34:32 AM by Dressiel »