Author Topic: Ooooh Games where art thou  (Read 6068 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Ooooh Games where art thou
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 05:07:16 AM »
its not that obvious to see in which list you are

You surely missed the filter icons helper ;)

The first one (a text actually) > returns the genre. If 'All' is displayed, no filtering applied on genre. If anything else, the list is filtered on that genre (setting in menu window)
The second: 'check-mark' > if displayed, the list is filtered on 'available games only' (setting in menu window)
The third: 'smiling face' > if displayed, the list is filtered on 'favorites only' (setting in menu window)
The fourth: 'player' > if displayed, the list is filtered on 'multiplayers settings' (setting in menu window)
The fifth: 'magnifying glass' > if displayed, the list is filtered on keywords (setting in search windows)

To be complete, I would like to take this opportunity to point out that filters in mGalaxy are 'nested filters' (each one adds to the other)!
In the example above the list is showing games belonging to 'Adventure' genres, that I own, that I've marked as favorite, that are '2 players' compatible, that contains the word “air”

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:19:03 AM by mgalaxy »

Muro

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 04:49:54 PM »
okay, last issue solved, it was the favorites list thingy. I didnt recall pressing some some buttons and its not that obvious to see in which list you are. Still trying to get the most out of the software ;). Still some things are beyond me. Like i download roms from emuparadise and when i get the pictures not all are found. Should be straight forward with those naming conventios no? Thx for all help  _o_

Muro

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 04:41:38 PM »
I think it must be the romset. How can i know which files i need for a spefic set of games. Like cloak and dagger works if i put it into roms folder and open it with mame exe. In mgalaxy its not listed. Do i need other files ?

Aeliss

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 06:08:21 AM »
Check in the preference if ou don't have enabled some filters.

jmd

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 07:00:25 PM »
Are you using the same version# for mame, catver, nplayers and romset!

If you're using - let's say - mame v180, your romset should be updated to v180, the same for catver.ini and nplayers.ini....is it the case?

Muro

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 06:48:53 PM »
Gettin closer I see images are downloaded for my roms. I see metal slug 1-6, 1943,1944, final fight, ms pacman.... . Thats the good thing but they dont appear in my list when i launch mGalaxy only 2 games that appear are Ms Pac Man and Final Fight, but the picture are still not shown (but they have been downloaded). Something is still not ok

jmd

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 04:18:37 PM »
First of, mGalaxy will detect all your game roms (I'm playing with 14 different systems with thousands roms and all is working at perfection)...provided their file extension is in the "allowed" extension format list.
Are your files either .zip or .7z or .chd file format?

Concerning the images you're trying to get: all online databases need the "real" name of the game to return media and info on that game.
So, with mame - where rom names are shortened - you first need to create a database using the "embedded database of mame" (this choice is given to you as soon as you click 'update' in the DB panel). A "real" name will be associated to the rom name.
This step is the subject of a tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=takoZr8eXJU

Once done, mgalaxy  knows the real (long) name for each game and you can update again..but this time choose update from online DB to get media and infos!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn1Eec881fw
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:39:42 PM by jmd »

Muro

Ooooh Games where art thou
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 04:02:04 PM »
I've read a lot of things about mame machine frontends, roms,... . I would like to use mGalaxy as frontend but it doesnt import the games as launchbox. For example i have 20 games in my roms folder. mGalaxy detects 2 of them the other frontends detect them all.

The ones that load:
Final Fight
Ms. Pac-Man

The ones that dont load
Puckman
Cloak and dagger

I check some with Emu Loader and all are ok, no files are missing. Also the db update (for images) doesnt do a thing. I have no images for final fight and ms. pac-man. I tried lots of things and this is my last resort. What could be the cause of this? Plsss help...