Author Topic: Note.rtf examples and ideas  (Read 28232 times)

Graphicsgod

• Email
Re: Note.rtf examples and ideas
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2013, 05:16:16 PM »
Now,.. the million dollar question.. How do you get Mgalaxy to load the ISO and not the CUE file of the ROM?!?

Open the "Systems.xml" file (which is in the "Data" folder), find the "Sega Saturn" system and modify this line:
<Extensions>.cue</Extensions>
into
<Extensions>.iso</Extensions>

Thank you!! This bit of information has gotten my problems taken care of!! Both the Saturn and GBA EMU now work! You put the extension for all the other EMUs, except for GBA! It just had ZIP, not ZIP and GBA extensions. Now everything works. I thought that was weird since all my other EMUs (minus MAME) are unzipped in the ROM folders. LOL that's so crazy this one file was causing all my headaches ;)!

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2013, 04:18:35 PM »
Well this is what's in the CUE file:

Code: [Select]
FILE "Sonic R.iso" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
      INDEX 01 00:00:00
      POSTGAP 00:02:00
FILE "Sonic R 02.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    PREGAP 00:02:00
FILE "Sonic R 03.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 04.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 05.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 06.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 07.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 08.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 09.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 10.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 11.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 12.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 13.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 13 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 14.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 14 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 15.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 15 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 16.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 16 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 17.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 17 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 18.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 18 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 19.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 19 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 20.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 20 AUDIO
FILE "Sonic R 21.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 21 AUDIO

Aeliss

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 09:45:49 AM »
There is still a problem, the correct way to load an image is by the cue, never the iso/bin.
Open your cue file with notepad and look if paths inside are good.

For me ATM, I wait for your bug with script are solved before making other tries on others system.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:47:41 AM by Aeliss »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 05:08:59 AM »
Now,.. the million dollar question.. How do you get Mgalaxy to load the ISO and not the CUE file of the ROM?!?

Open the "Systems.xml" file (which is in the "Data" folder), find the "Sega Saturn" system and modify this line:
<Extensions>.cue</Extensions>
into
<Extensions>.iso</Extensions>

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, 04:28:00 AM »
I think I figured it out!!

Mgalaxy is trying to load the CUE file, not the ISO file. If I try to load the CUE file I get the same error. If I load the ISO, SSF loads fine. Can't believe I didn't try this before! Now,.. the million dollar question.. How do you get Mgalaxy to load the ISO and not the CUE file of the ROM?!?..

The easy way is to just rename all my ISOs the other way around, that seems to do the trick.. But is this the correct way?!? Will it cause something to go wrong in the future?

BTW, doing this also allows the scripts to work and no longer need a batch file.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:38:02 AM by Graphicsgod »

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2013, 04:10:10 AM »
Ok came up with a new game plan... Sadly it only works 100% outside of Mgalaxy.

I created a batch file that would mount any ISO to the virtual drive and call SSF EMU. Works great outside of Mgalaxy, but when I converted the batch file to an EXE and ran it inside Mgalaxy it tries to mount the ISO, and errors out for some odd reason before launching SSF. All the while hiding it behind the program (I have to exit out of Mgalaxy to see what's going on). Maybe you can come up with something..

Here is my batch file code:
@echo off

"C:\Program Files\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite\dtlite.exe -mount dt, 0, " & "%~1"
"C:\Program Files\Games\mGalaxy\EMU\Saturn\ssf.exe"

"C:\Program Files\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite\dtlite.exe" -unmount 0

It's simple yet gets the job done, but why doesn't it work within Mgalaxy?..

Otherwise there is a workaround..

I could set it up to kill Mgalaxy, mount the drive, run SSF. After exiting reverse all. It should work, but I would prefer not to have to go that route..

@echo off

TASKKILL /IM mGalaxy.exe /F

"C:\Program Files\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite\dtlite.exe -mount dt, 0, " & "%~1"
"C:\Program Files\Games\mGalaxy\EMU\Saturn\ssf.exe"

"C:\Program Files\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite\dtlite.exe" -unmount 0

"C:\Program Files\Games\mGalaxy\mGalaxy.exe"

Your thoughts?..

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 11:46:19 AM »
Lol, he is right, it's not good for the front end image, if a person making a search on youtube with "mGalaxy" see only video with bug ^^.

For the bug I see 2 possibilities.
1 - Same problem than this one you have with virtualboyadvance, so we will try to resolve this one first.
2 - A bug in the script, because it s not exactly the same command according the dtlite configuration.

1. Ok..

2. That's what I have been thinking since the beginning ;)!!

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2013, 11:16:32 AM »
Do you intend to post a "mGalaxy WTF" video on Youtube on each problem that YOU'll have while configuring your setup?

Sorry I offended you, but the naming was an after thought. I thought the videos would help explain my issues better than just text. And the videos are unlisted, if you must know.

I'm sorry I seem to be the ONLY one having these issues.. This is a forum for helping others is it not??
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:38:44 PM by Graphicsgod »

Aeliss

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2013, 11:10:32 AM »
Lol, he is right, it's not good for the front end image, if a person making a search on youtube with "mGalaxy" see only video with bug ^^.

For the bug I see 2 possibilities.
1 - Same problem than this one you have with virtualboyadvance, so we will try to resolve this one first.
2 - A bug in the script, because it s not exactly the same command according the dtlite configuration.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 08:48:16 AM »
Do you intend to post a "mGalaxy WTF" video on Youtube on each problem that YOU'll have while configuring your setup?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:52:25 AM by mgalaxy »

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 03:10:29 AM »
Maybe this video will help.. Sadly I had to do this video three times, due to my wife constantly bothering me while I was recording. So I disabled sound. In the other two videos SSF crashed constantly. In the last video (i.e. this one), it hardly crashed, Go figure! And ignore the framerate, for some reason Camstudio is recording this like my laptop is running at a snails pace, but it's not. I don't have the time to waste sending this video to my desktop to use a real video editor to fix this! So just fast-forward through the video.

Also tried full screening just for the video and Camstudio spazed out on me, so it's windowed the whole time. Not that it's exciting either way..

http://youtu.be/r2Wa3RgMLzs
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:14:57 AM by Graphicsgod »

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 11:46:10 PM »
Ok if I run Mgalaxy, start the game it loads the SSF program and sits. So then I open the directory with the ROMs and double click the ISO/CUE what ever, it loads the file into the virtual drive and the program (i.e. SSF) starts up the game. So like I said, the problem stems from the script file not mounting the file in the virtual drive.

Aeliss

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 03:44:55 PM »
For fullscreen.
options/screen
Check  "strech screen" "full size" and perhaps "fixed fullscreen resolution". Press alt+Enter to go in Fullscreen mode and just exit, the next time, you will be in fullscreenmode.
But use fullscreen only when all is ok, windowed mode is better for test.

With this script, normaly you have nothing to do, it will search itself the dtlite path, and SSF find the Drive letter itself (from my memory).
If the script don't found DTLite, it display an error message and don't launch SSF. So I think this part is ok.

Have you configured dtlite ? create a new virtual drive DT.

To make a try, during the emulation, return to window and lanch dtlite, if all is ok you will see your rom loaded in the bottom window.

Remember to use always the CUE file.

Or make a try in stand alone mode, mount your rom in Dtlite and launch SFF.

In SSF in options/peripheral/Cd drive, I have DTsoft BDrom, I don't remeber if it s usefull.
I think it because you have used SCSI mode and me DT in DTlite configuration, it s not the same command line for the 2 mode.

On this screen.
1 arrow to create virtual drive (only 1 time is enought)
1 arrow to mount the selected image.
1 arrow for the resultat.

Sorry I m really bad to draw ^^.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 04:31:17 PM by Aeliss »

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 01:24:10 PM »
On the bottom of the page you will have the script already compiled.

>> http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=39

But I haven't idea for your SSF crashes.

For app path you need to select the normal executable, SFF.exe or SSFa.exe not the script, mGalaxy use it automatically if needed. And don't rename the script. All scripts have the same name mGalaxy_Script.au3 , you just need to put them in the emulator path if you need them, without changing something in the configurator (just check "use script file").

Ok I'm closer now.. But not close enough. Now it launches SSF in a window, not full screen (can't find the option to force full screen upon start). But wont auto mount the ISO to the Deamon Tools Lite virtual drive and auto load the program. Program just sits there and says "cd drive open".

Now it could be a pathing issue. But I don't see anywhere in the script to change location for DTL or virtual drive.. Or any other settings for that matter.

My DTL is at "C:\Program Files\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite", and my virtual drive is set to "E:\".

Thanks for all your help though!!

Aeliss

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 11:41:05 AM »
On the bottom of the page you will have the script already compiled.

>> http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=39

But I haven't idea for your SSF crashes.

For app path you need to select the normal executable, SFF.exe or SSFa.exe not the script, mGalaxy use it automatically if needed. And don't rename the script. All scripts have the same name mGalaxy_Script.au3 , you just need to put them in the emulator path if you need them, without changing something in the configurator (just check "use script file").
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:46:07 AM by Aeliss »