Author Topic: Problem with path  (Read 5453 times)

Aeliss

Re: Problem with path
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 06:00:46 AM »
I can understand, and I think make a new tag/variable like %subdir will make the application more greedy for nothing really usefull, ""%path\%file\%file%ext"" work fine (I prefer you work on the multi extension possibility ^^).

But it will be usefull to make an error message or a just a warning (During rom folder configuration for exemple) because i have spend 30 mn to understand why rom was displayed in mGalaxy but not working.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Problem with path
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 12:44:14 PM »
Recursively browsing folders is available since v3.0, at a time where mGalaxy was a MAME frontend only.
Folder’s list is now recursive. You can organize your roms/musics into subfolders…those folders will be browsed by mGalaxy (Attention: roms into subfolders will be seen by mGalaxy, but you will have to adapt your ‘mame.ini’ file to let it read into those folders)

As you can read, you'd have to adapt the mame.ini file with the 'alternatives' rom locations to benefit from this functionality.
Unfortunately, what is made possible by MAME might not be made possible by other emu...and it seems to be the case here?!

Effectively, the folders will be browse recursively (a folder containing another folder is inspected)...and every rom's name found is added to the list (so a screenshot named the same way in the "screenshot folder" will be displayed!) BUT it stops there! mGalaxy has not recorded a specific location for a rom inside another folder than the original one.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 12:48:08 PM by mgalaxy »

Aeliss

Problem with path
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 12:48:04 PM »
It s not a bug but I don't know how to proceed. For my segacd emulator rom are in folder like this

Rom/Game1/iso
Rom/Game1/mp3_1
Rom/Game1/mp3_2
Rom/Game2/iso
Rom/Game2/mp3_1
Rom/Game2/mp3_2

So i use the "Rom" folder as rom directory
The command line is this one
Code: [Select]
<Cmd id="0" name="KEGA Fusion" value="&quot;%path\%file%ext&quot; -scd -auto -fullscreen" />
So in Mgalaxy it s working fine (it search in subfolder too), all game are correctly displayed but when I try to launch  a game, Mgalaxy try to run Rom/iso and not Rom/game1/iso

There is a special tips for this ?

ATM i will try to rename my folder and use
Code: [Select]
<Cmd id="0" name="KEGA Fusion" value="&quot;%path\%file\%file%ext&quot; -scd -auto -fullscreen" />