Author Topic: Progress?  (Read 9574 times)

uprightbass

• Email
Re: Progress?
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 12:45:49 AM »
I just figured I'd jump back for my first post in a little bit of an older post. Sorry for my disappearance, I have been gone, then moved, then got a new job/girlfriend and all together had no time. But Im back!

So anyway, I do agree. For what this frontend does, it is perfect! I like that I can drop it into mame, and boom.....done. No configuration. Now when I first got it I loved it. I still do, but now I play: Mame, Raine, Nebula, and Zinc. I ended up buying a license to Maximus Arcade, and have enjoyed it for some time. Now I am back, to see if there is any plans to extend Mgalaxy to use these other emulators? I know its quite a bit of work to figure out a new way to manage directory structure and such. But maybe using complete .dat files from full romsets and some sort of xml system it would be able to be more dynamic. I know I, who does not have many skills to contribute, can't complain. But heck what else can you do! This prog is good looking (as I've said before) and works smooth (as I have also). I would love to see it be able to do more:)

In my opinions this version is great for someone getting into arcade games for the first time. This could be a "lite" version. The next could have basic support for other systems and a very basic configurator. It would have support for:

Mame
Zinc
Nebula
Kawaks
Raine
Daphne

...maybe even simple setup for console systems later on

The configurator would manage paths, settings, and possibly keymapings. I would love a color selector for choosing what color to make menus etc.  Maybe even a setting for allowing display of all of the photos available, like:

Screenshot
Marque
Cabinet
Control panel
History
......and way down the line...movies:)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 11:14:56 AM »
Yes, you should...or simply drag and drop mGalaxy components into your "old" Mame folder.

langdoguk

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 10:53:34 AM »
LOVE the changes , quick question , should I update my roms to v0.115 as I noticed a folder called that on the all in one version and I'm using an older rom set?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 06:16:14 AM »
Thanks so much!
Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

It's often more easy to write when something's wrong that when everything's OK ;)
That's why I thank you for taking time to give me that nice feedback!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 06:22:59 AM by mgalaxy »

paulanderson

Progress!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 05:45:30 AM »
The latest changes have made SUCH a difference to me, amazing work!! Thanks and keep it up :D

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 02:54:16 PM »
Hi,

to run mGalaxy on it when it's done!
But it is done! ;-)
Sure there would be many things to add...but obviously, the poll added to the "mGalaxy Wishlist" forum didn't attract too many people ;-)
Does it mean that the big majority of them are happy with v1 ? Not sure!

Anyway, I'm working on the next version with some of the requested features added.

What feature are you personally waiting for? (please post it in the right forum: mGalaxy Wishlist)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 02:58:14 PM by mgalaxy »

the720k

Progress?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 11:52:42 AM »
I was just wondering if there's been any development progress lately.  I'm finishing my cocktail cabinet in a few days and I'd love to be able to run mGalaxy on it when it's done!  Keep up the awesome work!