Author Topic: Question on general setup  (Read 8349 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Question on general setup
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 06:24:49 AM »
Fine!!
As I told you earlier you can find a 'joypad to key' application link on the download page.

CBrianA

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 06:23:35 PM »
Yes - thank you!  That works.  All I need now is to somehow get mGalaxy to recognize my USB Joystick to select games. 

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 04:12:29 PM »
When you select the "Show Available Roms Only" button and then quit the menu window, can you see that the list reflects your change?
This "preference" is then saved when you quit mGalaxy

CBrianA

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 03:46:21 PM »
Well, here's what happens:  mgalaxy will come up fine and when I press the SHIFT key, the configuration screen does come up.  I can use my arrow keys to move around and set the option to only show the available roms.  But I cannot figure out how to save the setting.  The joystick buttons do absolutely nothing.  They work fine in Mame.

I've watched the video - twice - and still cannot get things configured.  I'm afraid I'm too much of a noob on this program. 

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 07:18:45 PM »
If I understand you correctly there's two questions here:

mGalaxy will come up but I cannot figure out how to set the filter to just show my available roms:
Call the menu window (which is the 'shift' key by default) and select the "show available roms" button
All this, and more, is explained on the video tutorial that you can find on the mGalaxy site.

Is there an XML file I can edit, instead of trying to push random buttons on the controller?:
There, you're talking of keys assignment, aren't you?
Keys configuration is done through the mGalaxy Runway application.
If you're using a joypad, you'll have to use one of those 'joypad to key' applications.
You can find them to download on the...download page.

Hope that it will help you!!

CBrianA

Question on general setup
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 03:26:51 PM »
I've new to MAME and mGalaxy, although I've known about MAME for a few years.  I've decided to try to set up a small bartop system and while it's being built, I'm trying to do the software configuration on a different PC.  This machine is a 64bit Windows 7 Home Premium.  My joystick is an inexpensive USB unit that I bought from China, with 10 buttons.  Using version 2.0 of mGalaxy.

mGalaxy will come up but I cannot figure out how to set the filter to just show my available roms.  Is there an XML file I can edit, instead of trying to push random buttons on the controller?