Author Topic: Using the "Favorites" Function  (Read 17827 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Using the "Favorites" Function
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 05:56:05 PM »
Bonlev,

mGalaxy is controlled through keyboard shortcut keys or gamepad buttons.
Open mGalaxy_Runway and select the 'Keyboard' tab.
There you will see all available commands and keys associated (those keys can be changed if you want to!)
For instance, you will see that 'Adding/Removing from favorites' is triggered (by default) by the 'left control' key on your keyboard!!
It's just that simple!!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:57:56 PM by mgalaxy »

Aeliss

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 01:59:35 PM »
You are terrific ! you never read that I say ?

You just need to select a game in your list, press the "add to favorite" button, and it will be add directly, you realy don't need to make so complicated.

Aeliss

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 11:56:32 AM »
When I say "database" it"s a standard database without noone option.

IDK why you want to edit the favorites.ini file, just press the favorite button using mGalaxy and the game will be add directly in the fovorite list.

But if you want complicated thing, you can use specials applications to make special database.

Are you sure the favorite option is the thing you need ? Do you want to display all the roms you have or not, if you don't want to display some roms, do you want to use them, if not, simply delete them or move them in another folder.

Aeliss

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 10:53:30 AM »
If you want to display all the rom possible with database name = > just make a database
If you want to display only the roms you have = > make a database + filter
If you want to display only the roms you have without bios = > make a database + filter
If you want to display only some roms you have but not all = > make a database + favorite or database + filter with special catver.ini

without catver.ini categorie filter isn't possible, (impossible to exclude bios file)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:55:13 AM by Aeliss »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 01:39:59 PM »
I'm not sure to understand!
What do you want to achieve? Only keep working roms in your base Mame rom folder...or make a favorite list from those working roms (and still keep the other roms in the same folder)?

If you want to build a favorite list, I could try to help you and write you and application to export mameUI favorites to mGalaxy favorites!!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:42:17 PM by mgalaxy »

andyg

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 01:25:31 PM »
Thanks for the reply,

I'm making a copy of my mame folder minus the roms and I'm going to add them one by one. My favorites folder on mame is all the games I've tested and are known working. Process of elimination. If I add the games one by one its like a favorites folder. Perhaps I should put in a request to be able to make a .xml file to have favorites. thanks, Andy

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
n
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 01:05:20 PM »
Andy,

There's no tool to transfer your favorite list to mGalaxy (for now!)
You'll have to manually add each game to the mGalaxy list by pressing the dedicated button (see the video tutorial and key chart on the 'Tutorial' menu of the mGalaxy site)

The toggle button you're talking about is there to quicly switch between the 'full' and 'favorites' lists

andyg

• Email
Using the "Favorites" Function
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 12:57:41 PM »
Hello,

I have all my favorites set up in mame but I'm unsure where to set them up in mgalaxy. Do I create a xml file or point it to the existing favorites file in the mame folder? I've looked around the forum here and I'm striking out. I see that there's a toggle button in the control panel to turn on or off favorites but it reads nothing when its on. Thanks, Andy