Author Topic: "List" feature for screensaver, how does it work?  (Read 3794 times)

serpent213

• Email
Re: "List" feature for screensaver, how does it work?
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 11:29:28 PM »
Wow, thank you for that detailed response. It works fine!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: "List" feature for screensaver, how does it work?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 03:43:43 AM »
When using the "List" feature, mGalaxy will look for a file named "screensaver.ini" in the system platform folder you created (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\mGalaxy v6.3\Data\UserSystems\'The name of the system'\)

Create a text file named 'screensaver.ini' (be sure that you have access to file extensions, that they are not masked, to change the default .txt extension to .ini)
Here is a empty one to startup if you want! (see attachment)

Open this file with a text editor and copy/paste the name of the rom without its extension (so, not 'pacman.zip' but 'pacman')
...each game on a new line
Then save and voila!

It might be tedious to complete this file by hand (and you must know the name of the rom!...when mGalaxy usually displays the name of the game), so I think that the best is to start with the 'favorites.ini' file (that you will find in the same system platform (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\mGalaxy v6.3\Data\UserSystems\'The name of the system'\)...which use the same naming convention!
If the games you want to display are part of your favorites. Copy/paste data from 'favorites.ini' to 'screensaver.ini'
If not, move your actual 'favorites.ini' to the desktop. Launch mGalaxy (it will create a new 'favorites.ini' file since it can't find the previous one) and tag as favorites the games you want for the screensaver. Exit mGalaxy, rename 'favorites.ini' to 'screensaver.ini' then move the 'favorites.ini' that you moved to the desktop back to the original folder!

Hope that you get it ;)

serpent213

• Email
"List" feature for screensaver, how does it work?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 10:48:21 PM »
I have mgalaxy 6.3 How do i use the 'list' feature in the screensaver?Lets say I want to use the same 10 games to be in my screensaver, how do i do that?