Author Topic: MGalaxy Froze on Now Loading Screen  (Read 4968 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: MGalaxy Froze on Now Loading Screen
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2019, 08:38:03 AM »
There's a beta version available here:
https://www70.zippyshare.com/v/CDgFd5XY/file.html

- Download the file
- Make a copy of your mGalaxy folder
- Extract the file content over your mGalaxy copy folder
- Run it
- If it's still freezing, go to the "Data" folder inside of your mGalaxy copy folder and send us the "mGalaxy.log" file (or copy/paste its content)

Thank you

jmd

• Email
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2019, 02:11:52 AM »
Have you tried to run a test on another PC...to see if your config is implied or not?
You're talking of FuturePinball...have you tried with another system?

Crt1989

• Email
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2019, 02:07:05 AM »
I went ahead and went with Maximus Arcade, and although not as simple to set up, not as pretty, and the interface being somewhat convoluted is working and running nicely. And only $4.99 for the premium to boot.

Crt1989

• Email
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 02:16:55 PM »
No reply in a couple days and no help makes me reconsider going with MGalaxy as my first try at a frontend and trying out the Premium year membership. Worthless to me if it won't work correctly and without support.

Crt1989

• Email
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 03:19:14 PM »
The loading screen in question (http://imgur.com/gallery/EHras9d) that it's freezing on, although freezing may not be the correct term as the colored bar does circulate and change color, so it's more like it's stuck on the Now Loading screen.

Crt1989

• Email
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 02:56:40 PM »
And yes, after setting up with Runway I clicked save.

Crt1989

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 02:54:42 PM »
I didn't word that correctly and I apologize about it. What I meant was after the fresh install I tried to launch MGalaxy BEFORE setting up with Runway just to see if it would get stuck at the Now Loading screen, which it didnt. But after setting up Future Pinball and trying to launch MGalaxy, it's still hanging up on Now Loading.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 12:50:58 PM »
it will let me know that I don't have any emulators set up and it closes
ok this is another issue that the one you were writing for ("I'm stuck at the now loading screen")
So mGalaxy opens but complains that no emulators are set-up!
Forgive my question..but did you think to click on the save button before exiting Runway? ;)

Crt1989

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 12:21:58 PM »
Tried a fresh install in a temporary folder and still no dice. Mgalaxy runway does work correctly, and before adding my emultaors and opening Mgalaxy it will let me know that I don't have any emulators set up and it closes. I was using Future Pinball and MAME 0.185 before on Mgalaxy v7.1 and I had no issues whatsoever. Is their any way I can find a download for v7.1 and download and reinstall that?

Crt1989

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 11:08:37 AM »
Runway does work as it should. I have the files with my emulators in my Documents, also where I had Mgalaxy 7.2 and it was working fine.  I was under the impression that putting them in the program files would cause issues. I will try the fresh install in temporary folder and let you know.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 02:15:47 AM »
Does mGalaxy_Runway open correctly?

Is mGalaxy installed in the 'ProgramFiles' folder?

I've tried rebooting computer and uninstalling and installing again and it still does it
Have you tried to make a fresh install in a (temporary) folder, then create a test system and run mGalaxy?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 10:51:46 AM by mgalaxy »

Crt1989

• Email
MGalaxy Froze on Now Loading Screen
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 04:44:00 PM »
Updated to the new version of  MGalaxy today, now I'm stuck at the now loading screen. Was working perfectly fine before with the last version. I've tried rebooting computer and uninstalling and installing again and it still does it. Anyone else have/had this problem and any way to fix?