Author Topic: mgalaxy doesn't detect control panel being plugged in  (Read 3575 times)

justintomame

Re: mgalaxy doesn't detect control panel being plugged in
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 07:27:26 AM »
found the issue.... Nothing to do with mgalaxy or the way the buttons were configured. I looked at the actual control panel and the IPAC and found that a couple of the wires were going to a cherry switch using the 'NC' terminal.

Once that was corrected, everything worked like normal. User error.... #facepalm.

Thanks for the help though.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 06:34:05 AM »
In the keyboard section, click on the key (linked to an action) that you want to map, then press the pushbutton (or move the joystick) to map that key to the action

justintomame

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 06:20:40 AM »
Hey, thanks.

Are we talking about launching mgalaxy and then pressing 'c'? Because the keyboard section has the same settings for buttons as everything else. All button functions are identical for WinIpac, MAME, mgalaxy unless there is another section I don't know about.

But when I have mgalaxy running very few of the things work with the control panel. Moving the joystick up will launch the game, and down will jump down the game list. One of the buttons will show the 'favorites' for the games. I think that's about it.

I made all of the sections match but it doesn't seem to be working that way

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 05:48:04 PM »
The I-Pac is what is called a "keyboard encoder". It actually converts the button push and joystick movement to keyboard keys!!
When you press a push button, you actually send a key (as you would have done directly on your keyboard)
So..you have to do the mapping in the "Keyboard" section of the controller window in mGalaxy! :)

justintomame

mgalaxy doesn't detect control panel being plugged in
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 04:21:26 PM »
have configured mgalaxy so it's working with the keyboard and have just completed wiring up all of the buttons and joysticks on the control panel. However, if you go into mgalaxy and press 'c' and then select something like gamepad it will say that no joysticks are connected, even though you can hear a sound when I push up on the P1 joystick. Is there something else that needs to be done to get the control panel to work with mgalaxy?

I have setup all the button mappings for the I-PAC in WinIpac2 and they are all defaulted to what MAME defaults to, but mgalaxy doesn't let the joysticks and buttons work, just the keyboard.