Author Topic: Autorun problems with MAME/mgalaxy –Solved  (Read 8396 times)

Aeliss

Re: Autorun problems with MAME/mgalaxy –Solved
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 04:43:36 AM »
Hi, you aren't the only one with this problem, in fact with this method windows continues loading after mgalaxy was run, and put it in background.

Perhpas you can find some help here http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum
/index.php?topic=569.msg2027#msg2027

Or perhpas he use something like instantshelled, but some users have problem with it too.

Kalle

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 08:40:32 AM »
I also have the problem that when mgalaxy starts from the autostart folder, I see the main screen and hear music, but I can´t start a game. When I start mgalaxy manually, it works fine. I have mgalaxy on a XP machine. Any help or explanation of 8-bit_frost post would be much appreciated.

Monkfish1337

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 10:23:56 AM »
Hey Guys newbie here. Im having the exact same issue but dont really understand how 8-bit_frost resolved it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :D

8-Bit_Frost

Re: Autorun problems with MAME/mgalaxy –Help
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 03:43:05 PM »
Thanks for the reply :)
but I think I figured it out. I'm running mame in XP and for some reason how the auto start was handle in the registry seemed to make a difference. I not sure if it's me or mgalaxy at this point, because while it can now auto start, it's still finicky about starting from some shortcuts and quick-start icons, but that doesn't really matter to me. 

paulanderson

Re: Autorun problems with MAME/mgalaxy –Help
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 01:08:52 PM »
I just tried to reproduce your problem but couldnt. I have a few ideas though :)

My setup is Windows 7 if that makes any difference and the path to mGalaxy.exe contains no spaces which could have something to do with it (C:\mgalaxy\mGalaxy.exe). I made it autostart along with JoyToKey by creating shortcuts to the .exe files in the startup folder on the start menu and rebooted to test it out and it worked fine.

What OS are you using so I can install a VM and try and help out? Can you try autostarting using the same method as me and see if that helps?

I hope you get it worked out :)

Paul.

8-Bit_Frost

Autorun problems with MAME/mgalaxy –Solved
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 10:15:21 AM »
Ok, so currently, on the computer running MAME, I have it set to auto-start everything from boot up.
There’s a hidden power button in the coin reject slot and after pressing it the system boots, the windows login screen is mostly hidden, windows logs in automatically, and the start menu bar is hidden with a loading screen where the normal desktop would be.

After this I have the computer set-up to auto run the mgalaxy.exe which starts properly: music starts playing,full list of available roms can be seen. The problem however is when you go to actually launch a game; instead of running I get an error from mame saying that the files .cpu .u and pron .u (long list) cannot be found then finally saying that  MAME: error required files are missing the game cannot be run.

Now the weird thing is this only occurs from auto running it. When manually starting the mgalaxy.exe from either explorer or a short cut everything will start up fine and the games will run fine just the same.

So I can’t figure out what’s wrong, to me starting the front end yourself or via an auto run program should make no difference, I’ve even tried putting a 60 second delay on the auto run, but to no avail  :-\

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 03:51:36 PM by 8-Bit_Frost »