Author Topic: Games show up as ROM names, not game names  (Read 3655 times)

mdog

• Email
Re: Games show up as ROM names, not game names
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 06:16:32 AM »
That worked!  I deleted my mame database and started fresh doing what you said. 
Thanks for the help!

Aeliss

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 11:53:30 AM »
To eliminate the game you don't have, go to the "preference panel" (when you are on magalaxy) on top there is a filter option " show available" (Sorry not sure for traduction). With that you can use a complete database.

And this checkbox need to be checked for mgalaxy can use database to convert file name in rom name.

I can't undertand, why it don't work, but yes, you can try to remake the database, and use the filter to don't display the rom you don't have.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 11:57:38 AM by Aeliss »

mdog

• Email
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 06:44:32 PM »
I already have a working database with the roms that I have (shown in the picture).  It was the same before and after the premium upgrade.  When I first tried to setup mgalaxy it downloaded the database and had every game in the world listed.   Only by checking the "use database" box was I able to eliminate all the other roms that I don't have. 

Should I reload the database again without the box checked?  I don't want it to list anything other than my games. 
Thanks for the help!

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 02:51:08 PM »
Take a look in mGalaxyRunway, if the checkbox "use database" is still checked.
Have you already make a Database ?

It have worked before the upgrade ?

mdog

• Email
Games show up as ROM names, not game names
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 01:13:09 PM »
Hello.  I have just upgraded to premium and have gotten things working for my setup but cannot seem to get the real game names to be listed in my theme.  It only shows the actual ROM names.  Any idea on how to fix this?  I have searched but cannot seem to find anything.  See screenshot below: