Author Topic: A couple issues with my cabinet.  (Read 6300 times)

Re: A couple issues with my cabinet.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 01:37:19 PM »
Thank you for the very speedy and thorough response!

Unfortunately just this morning my monitor crapped out on me, so I'll have to find another one before I continue! -__-

I will have to check my version of MAME, but I am running it on WinXP. I did not download the corresponding folder, that is probably a big contributing factor! Also no, I have not crosschecked my game lists, I will definitely do that first once I get my new monitor.

The game is Street Fighter III Third Strike. I had to modify the archive to get it to a working state, and like I said it works just fine using a built in interface I have been using. (Maybe MAME32? I'm not sure I can't check now)

Anyway your help is much appreciated and like I said I would like to use MGalaxy since it is the best looking front end from what I've seen!

Thank you.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: A couple issues with my cabinet.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 08:30:58 AM »
Hi 548753,

Whenever I launch the software it says that mGalaxy has had to close before it can even open. I have updated my framework as suggested but I am still getting this error.
Which Window version are you using, please?
Did you install it with the mGalaxy (full) installer? (http://www.mgalaxy.com/downloads/mGalaxy_Installer.exe).
If so, you shouln't have to update your framework, this is done  automatically.
If not, please use it to install a fresh copy of mGalaxy on your PC.

Secondly, I am having an issue launching a specific rom through mGalaxy
This message comes from mame itself, not mGalaxy. BUT it could be due to a mGalaxy database file not being synced with your mame version.
1) Check that your romset is updated to your mame version.
2) Check that you've downloaded the mame database corresponding to your mame version on the mGalaxy webpage.

So, to summarize, if you are using mame v.143, your romset (the whole roms inside your rom folder) should be updated to that same version AND you should download (then extract and place in the same folder than mGalaxy) the "MAME_v143.zip" file on the mGalaxy download page.

By the way, which mame version are you running?...and which game name or rom name are you talking about?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:15:55 AM by mgalaxy »

A couple issues with my cabinet.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 06:36:21 AM »
Hi everyone,

First of all I really enjoy using the MGalaxy front end. Currently I am running version 1.2 on my arcade cabinet.

I have ran into a couple problems though. My first problem is that  have never been able to install the latest version of MGalaxy on my computer. (v3.0) Whenever I launch the software it says that MGalaxy has had to close before it can even open. I have updated my framework as suggested but I am still getting this error.

Secondly, I am having an issue launching a specific rom through MGalaxy. When I launch it through other programs the game starts just fine and normal. Once I try it through MGalaxy though I get an error of:

There are known problems with this game.

This game lacks sound. THIS GAME DOESN'T WORK. You won't be able to make it work correctly. Don't bother.

Type OK to continue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Overall I love the simplistic design and how easy it is to use.

Thank you!