Author Topic: DB update issue  (Read 3664 times)

SegaDoesWhatNintenDont

Re: DB update issue
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 03:50:46 PM »
I'm having the exact same issue on Windows 10 Home. Sometimes Runway just terminates without any alert. I can't setup a single emulator platform with box art. I tried reinstalling mGalaxy on different drives, including an external usb drive, no luck, same behavior.

vonblubba

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 08:55:31 AM »
Anybody can point me to the location of mGalaxy runway log file? Can't find it anywhere. 
I'm really stuck on this issue. The only option I have left is to download media using another frontend, but I'd prefer not doing that.

Thanks!

vonblubba

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 11:38:34 AM »
A little update on the issue. I tried switching from screenscraper to thegamesdb (I thought maybe it was some kind of limit to the media download) but no luck, issue is still there.

Sorry for bumping this, but having purchased a premium licence, not being able to use the software is a little frustrating.

Thanks!

vonblubba

• Email
DB update issue
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 12:35:22 PM »
Hi guys,

new to mGalaxy, I'm trying to setup a mame-only system. I think I've done everything right, but during step 2 of db update (image/media scraping) I keep getting an "invalid parameter" error, followed by a "The database update has been stopped etc...". If I resume the update, it keeps running for a while, but then the errors show up again. It seems fairly random, I can't pinpoint any possible causes  :-\

Any idea what the cause may be, or where I can find some kind of log file?

My system is a Windows 10, running mGalaxy 7.0.0.0. I'm trying to setup a mame 0.193 with full romset. The rom files are on a network partition on my NAS, mounted as a network drive in windows 10.

Thanks in advance for any kind of support!