Author Topic: Just found this program  (Read 3405 times)

Disney Rob

Re: Just found this program
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 12:30:00 PM »
Thank you so much. Due to some experimenting I was able to answer a few of my questions. Seems if you are at the end of your systems, you must go either forward or back. Just used to the wrap around feature of my previous frontend. Also a few of the games I tried would not exit using the "ESC" key, other do. So it is a glitch in the game, and not the program.
Also the more I see of this program, the more I am convinced to get Premium when payday rolls around.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Just found this program
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 11:27:07 AM »
Welcome Rob...and thank you fro the great words!  :)
I will try to answer your question one by one
1. Very strange, there's no reason for one key to work and not the other one of course. Excuse me to ask this question, but could you open a text editor and type the same key on the keyboard to see if they display correctly in the text editor. Alternatively you have the option to call the "Commands" window (default key is "C") and map (or remap) the key there!
2. "ESC" is the only key used by mGalaxy to escape the emulator launched (sometimes natively, sometimes with the help of a script)...what are the emulators you're using please?
3. ...that's the case for all systems! If you were to choose a Super Nintendo emulator (for instance) you would see a lot of them listed under the same "Super Nintendo" system.
That's not a problem at all and is actually the way it works: you choose a system, then an emulator in the drop-down list, then pick the emulator executable with the 'Application' button.
You finally have the choice to name your system the way you like to personnalise it.
4. All the media (ALL, from snapshot to movie to boxes,...) are downloadable through the "DB UPDATE" (DB for database) tab in mGalaxy_Runway

Don't hesitate to come back and report your success or not while trying to fix your problems!

Disney Rob

Just found this program
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 10:43:28 AM »
Wow... Just Wow... I just found mGalaxy, and I am in love with it already. I used other front ends but the ease and simplicity of mGalaxy is a welcome relief.
However, even the simplest of things confuse some, and I do have some questions.....
1.  It says that "D" will move me to the previous system. Where as "G" moves me ahead, "D" does nothing. Of course I can use the menu, but I would prefer to us the keyboard keys.
2. Also, how do you escape from a game that you are playing and return to the main interface. I pressed ESC, and nothing happens.
3. Is there a way to separate Visual Pinball, from Future Pinball, even though I entered them both in the drop down menu, they all come up under the one option of pinball.
4. Lastly is there a place to download the box art from the various games for the various systems.
This should keep me occupied for a while, again I must congratulate the powers that be for this amazing front end.