Author Topic: Microsoft Applications - mGalaxy Won't Run Them  (Read 4525 times)

Aeliss

Re: Microsoft Applications - mGalaxy Won't Run Them
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 12:15:20 PM »
In fact somes applications are just loader. They load another file and close.
When you run something with mGalaxy, it search in memory the same application it have run and wait for the app close to come back.
But if the aplication you run is a loader, it can't work, because mGalaxy need to monitor the final app not the loader.
In this case, 2 solutions, script or find the good executable

But In this situation, even if mGalaxy come back immediatly, the application still working on background. And in your case, nothing is working.

You can too make try with command line.
Code: [Select]
cmd.exe /C "f:/file.lnk"
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 12:18:50 PM by Aeliss »

WishItWas1984

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 10:30:46 PM »
If you look at process when the pinball is working (with ctrl + alt + suppr) the executable have the same name than this one you launch with the shorctut ?

Not entirely sure what you mean, but I can run the program with the same shortcut mGalaxy is pointing to. I can go into the ROMs folder I point mGalaxy to, and click any of the shortcuts there to start Pinball Arcade through Steam.

The shortcut has these properties:

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PinballArcade\PinballArcade11.exe"
Start In: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PinballArcade"

Aeliss

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 08:05:51 AM »
If you look at process when the pinball is working (with ctrl + alt + suppr) the executable have the same name than this one you launch with the shorctut ?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 08:07:36 AM by Aeliss »

WishItWas1984

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 02:23:18 PM »
Giving this a bump. Anyone manage to get this part of mGalaxy working?

WishItWas1984

Microsoft Applications - mGalaxy Won't Run Them
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 03:34:04 AM »
I setup the Presenter theme with shortcuts to Pinball Arcade and PInball FX exe files within their respective Steam folder locations. I created my shortcuts in Windows from these exe files directly, not within Steam.

If I try to launch one in mGalaxy, the toolbar flashes over mGalaxy for a second and then nothing. If I exit mGalaxy, the program isn't running.

The shortcuts work just fine outside of mGalaxy and within Windows, so I'm at a lose as to what to do.next.