Author Topic: Windows XP User who has issues after downloading MGalaxy 7  (Read 4371 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Windows XP User who has issues after downloading MGalaxy 7
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 10:19:01 AM »
The HotRod is what is called a "keyboard encoder" it transforms button input to keyboard input.
Of course, mGalaxy is smoothly working with keyboard input. Set the key you want to map on mGalaxy_Runway, then map this key on your controller.
If it doesn't work the problem is coming from the HotRod. You can easily check it by opening a text file and see if the button you press on the HotRod returns the correct character in the text editor.

irishsteelers

• Email
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 08:38:54 AM »
What I ended up doing last night was contacting the guy I bought the cabinet from.  He had me reinstall the 6.3 latest version that was working.  We got everything in and had to do it all from scratch again.  Problem we ran into last night after doing so was we couldn't get a few buttons to work on the hotrod joystick.  We went into the input to make sure the controls were set properly to add credits and they were.  Trying to play a game that required credits the side buttons weren't doing anything.  All the games are there and they boot up as they were before.  He said it might be something with MGalaxy.  If you think this work around for 7.0 would work since I've already bought the premium license I can try it, I just hope I might be able to get some support if I can't get the hotrod joystick to recognize those buttons again.  I'm trying to avoid scrapping the PC and just putting a Raspberry Pi in, I just have a hard time finding support for MGalaxy. 

Hoping I can get some help as I liked the premium and bought the subscription last night.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 03:52:16 AM »
Hey guys, I'm freaking out and hoping for some help.  I bought a used MAME cabinet that has a Windows XP system in it that is running Galaxy.  It's for my sons Christmas Present.  It asked me to download the update to 7 and I did.  After doing so it brought the new Runway up but the old Galaxy launch icon was replaced with a generic icon.  The MGalaxy wouldn't work at all.  I did a quick system restore to 5 days ago and now the MGalaxy that was running won't open nor will runway.

I was hoping to get 7 as I was going to buy the premium upgrade and get some cooler themes.  Now in an instant nothing works at all.  Any help to get it to run after the restore or going back to the version I downloaded would be amazing if anyone knows what to do.  Thanks!
Hi irishsteelers,
Support to Windows XP has been dropped with mGalaxy v7.0 release...but I understand that you NEED this to work on your cabinet for your sons' Xmas :) so we gonna try to help you get it running!
First, are you ready to loose your previous settings and start from scratch (then configure Runway again)?
If no, just tell me and I'll give you further instructions (but it will be longer to configure)
If yes:
  • Download and install mGalaxy v.7.0 in a new folder (let's say "mGalaxy_Xmas")
    http://www.mgalaxy.com/downloads/mGalaxy_Setup.exe
    AT THE END, DON'T RUN ANYTHING
  • Download this x86 compiled version of mGalaxy only and extract it in a temporary place
    http://mgalaxy.com/downloads/mGalaxy%20v7.0_x86.zip
  • Open 'mGalaxy_Xmas' folder and delete those files/folders
    • mGalaxy_Data
    • Mono
    • mGalaxy.exe
    • UnityPlayer.dll
  • Drag-and-drop all files/folders from the temporary folder to 'mGalaxy_Xmas' folder
  • Run and configure mGalaxy_Runway
  • Run mGalaxy...and report here if it's working

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:59:09 AM by mgalaxy »

WishItWas1984

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 11:21:20 PM »
Hey guys, I'm freaking out and hoping for some help.  I bought a used MAME cabinet that has a Windows XP system in it that is running Galaxy.  It's for my sons Christmas Present.  It asked me to download the update to 7 and I did.  After doing so it brought the new Runway up but the old Galaxy launch icon was replaced with a generic icon.  The MGalaxy wouldn't work at all.  I did a quick system restore to 5 days ago and now the MGalaxy that was running won't open nor will runway.

I was hoping to get 7 as I was going to buy the premium upgrade and get some cooler themes.  Now in an instant nothing works at all.  Any help to get it to run after the restore or going back to the version I downloaded would be amazing if anyone knows what to do.  Thanks!

Weird problems to be sure.  If I were in your shoes, I would just download 7.0 again and install it into a new folder on the machine. It won't mess with the previous install. I had a 6.0 and a 7.0  in separate folders doing some testing of my own recently.

Run Runway and setup MAME again. See what happens.

irishsteelers

• Email
Windows XP User who has issues after downloading MGalaxy 7
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 08:10:45 PM »