Author Topic: Dolphin Games Won't Run & Vintage Room Question  (Read 4918 times)

WishItWas1984

Re: Dolphin Games Won't Run & Vintage Room Question
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 11:17:53 PM »
The option to switch from 12h format (will be default) to 24h format has been added to the theme control panel

Sweet! :)

Don't hesitate to come back here and warn me on the new Dolphin release! ;)

Will do! lol

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 05:01:28 AM »
Lastly, is there any way to change the clock graphic in the Vintage Room theme to a 12-hour clock? LOL It's actually useful, but here in the states we don't use the 24-hour format.
The option to switch from 12h format (will be default) to 24h format has been added to the theme control panel

I'll just mess around with the stable build or wait until Dolphin has a new stable release and mGalaxy can then support it.
Don't hesitate to come back here and warn me on the new Dolphin release! ;)

WishItWas1984

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 11:36:17 PM »
Idk, I have an old version of mgalaxy and dolphin (V 5).
I m using the old command line "/e" and it works without problem.
wich one dolphin version you have ?

But, I m still on old mGalaxy version.

You just made me realize the issue. I still think mGalaxy is using /e and not -e, but I'm using the latest development build of Dolphin, not the most recent stable release.

I normally go with stable releases, but decided against it for Dolphin since the last stable release was 2 1/2 years ago, which is crazy. Regardless, I'm guessing that the switch came within those 2 1/2 years and it mGalaxy definitely shouldn't be acknowledging developmental builds, no matter how old they are.

I'll just mess around with the stable build or wait until Dolphin has a new stable release and mGalaxy can then support it.

Aeliss

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 01:03:03 PM »
Idk, I have an old version of mgalaxy and dolphin (V 5).
I m using the old command line "/e" and it works without problem.
wich one dolphin version you have ?

But, I m still on old mGalaxy version.

WishItWas1984

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 03:57:05 AM »
**UPDATE - Reason Found?**

Ok, I think I figured out why Dolphin won't work for me, and I suspect won't work for anyone in 7.0?

From my research it seems that the "/e" error is relating to the Dolphin parameter that lets you play a specific file or ROM, however I believe Dolphin stopped using "/e" a while ago and now uses "-e".

So my guess is that mGalaxy is just using the old command line parameters to run the ROM and the core code needs to be updated? Or am I missing a setting somewhere? Well, provided I'm right that is. :)

WishItWas1984

Dolphin Games Won't Run & Vintage Room Question
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 05:24:29 PM »
Now that my MAME is working flawlessly, I thought I'd add a handful of Wii games and use the VIntage Room theme.

My first problem is that no game ISO will run. They run in Dolphin just fine. I get the following "warning" pop-up when I try:

The specified file "/e" does not exist

I get that with an "OK" and "Ignore for this session" pop-up. Is this an mGalaxy thing or a Dolphin thing?

Lastly, is there any way to change the clock graphic in the Vintage Room theme to a 12-hour clock? LOL It's actually useful, but here in the states we don't use the 24-hour format.