Author Topic: Hi Score Menu WITHIN mGalaxy UNCONNECTED to MAME!!  (Read 389 times)

WishItWas1984

Hi Score Menu WITHIN mGalaxy UNCONNECTED to MAME!!
« on: December 05, 2018, 03:12:46 AM »
Ok, so everyone wants hi score saves and for years now there's never been a perfect solution. Even the current solution doesn't work all the time.

While it may seem like a pain in the ass, why not write it down, take a pic w/ your phone, etc.. and then have a Hi-Score menu WITHIN mGalaxy itself. Bring it up like any other menu. Show the Logo artwork, current Hi-Score, click to see Top 5, 10, 20, or whatever. Click to type in a score and name. Basic stuff I'd imagine. :)

Maybe even show the current hi-score as you scroll through the menu of games. I know home arcade owners have little pieces of paper they put in the marquee to let friends or people over for a party to see the score to beat, because they reset their games from time to time.

I think this would be a great addition for personal bests, or for parties, families, etc.. as well.

Maybe even allow the menu to be brought up while in a game too?

bloodwyn

Re: Hi Score Menu WITHIN mGalaxy UNCONNECTED to MAME!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 11:59:02 AM »
I would love to see this feature as well. My kids and I have monthly arcade game high score competitions and this would really assist seeing if your score was beat.

jmd

• Email
Re: Hi Score Menu WITHIN mGalaxy UNCONNECTED to MAME!!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 02:22:14 PM »
Is there a third party application that allows to capture hi-scrores for all systems? This would help mGalaxy developers to  implement such a feature!