Author Topic: Warning to 7.0 Users on Win10 Exiting Games  (Read 5850 times)

WishItWas1984

Re: Warning to 7.0 Users on Win10 Exiting Games
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 04:02:07 AM »
Could you check in your task manager if your emulator (MAME I guess?) get closed?
I tried to reproduce this and in my case the 'culprit' seems to be Mame that hasn't actually exited

Weird, I didn't get an email for this reply. Sorry for the late response.

Is there a way to run mGalaxy in a windowed mode instead of full screen? Because when I force a crash and CTR+ALT+DEL to bring up Task Manager, mGalaxy takes the focus and remains on top.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Warning to 7.0 Users on Win10 Exiting Games
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 04:02:57 AM »
Could you check in your task manager if your emulator (MAME I guess?) get closed?
I tried to reproduce this and in my case the 'culprit' seems to be Mame that hasn't actually exited

WishItWas1984

Warning to 7.0 Users on Win10 Exiting Games
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 02:02:10 AM »
I found an odd little bug and it's something I can replicate. Who knows if it's just me, or even if it's Win10 related, but that's my system so I thought I'd mention it.

Anyway, if you load a game and IMMEDIATELY hit ESC to exit back out, mGalaxy 7.0 will crash. The cursor will spin, nothing will happen and if you click, you get the "not responding" dialog.

The solution seems to be just to wait. Like 5 seconds or so and you can escape to the menu just fine. A very odd, very minor bug, but I thought I'd mention it.