Author Topic: Internet shortcuts  (Read 4561 times)

Aeliss

Re: Internet shortcuts
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 04:34:33 AM »
I think it s because lnk file use cmd.exe, so mGalaxy just look after cmd.exe state (to know emulation state). Not sure *.url file need (directly) same executable, if you know the executable you can select it in mGalaxyRunaway (perhaps steem itself).

turtleblizzard

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 04:10:04 PM »
Omg that was easy thanks. Works now, although it works little odd as the mgalaxy music and preview video keep playing but I can remember to turn those down. Some games need some tuning anyway

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 11:19:36 AM »
You can test if it can work.
Make a classic system computer/microsoft and edit the file "mGalaxy\Data\UserSystems\UserSystems.xml" you can chnage the "lnk" in "url" to make a try.

I can't make tries myself, all games from steam are automaticaly cracked to don't use it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 11:22:06 AM by Aeliss »

turtleblizzard

Internet shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 03:50:07 AM »
Hey again,
I'm not sure if this is help request or a wish, but is it possible to use .url files somehow. I mean I have a bunch of PC games with .ink file working perfectly, but it seems at least Resident Evil 5 won't start from .exe or .ini file only. It works through Steam now and when I use Steam's option to create a shortcut, it creates a .url file which launches the game fine.

So would it be possible to view and launch games through .url files? I guess it would require Steam to be on, which is no problem. Just that I have about 400 games in total, of which 50 are in Steam and I'd just like to have all the 400 available through MGalaxy without all the jumping from ZSNES to Steam to Uplay to EPSXE. Sometimes I don't even remember what game is in what service.

And yes I love RE5 so it's no solution to forget that it exists : P