Author Topic: How to configure MAME to play with mGalaxy ?  (Read 3566 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: How to configure MAME to play with mGalaxy ?
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 06:14:09 AM »
in mGalaxy, I see all the game listed on MAME screen, but I want to only see the available games, like ine the MAME programm, how I can do that ?
In mGalaxy, call the 'preferences window' (default key is 'Shift') and check 'Only Available' checkbox.

and the name of the games are like "sf3rd" and not Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, how i I can modify this ?
You'll get to create a database (I don't know what and where is the DB that you've uploaded)
This is now ever simpler than before!
Go in mGalaxy_Runway, select your Mame system, go the the 'DB Update' tab..and click 'Update'

Aeliss

Re: How to configure MAME to play with mGalaxy ?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 11:48:34 AM »
For the name, you need the DB , but now you know that.
For the first question, you have filters inside mGalaxy (for the key depend on your configuration) and you have same reglage than in Mame (clone or not, players, ect ...)

But it strange, from my memory, if you don't have rom on your computer it will not be listed in mgalaxy (but I haven't tried all configurations possible)

For your new problem, check if the rom name is in the database.

Flo

How to configure MAME to play with mGalaxy ?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 04:05:02 AM »
Hi,

firt of all, sorry for my english... I hope you will understand !

I want to play some NEOGEO games using MAME and mGalaxy.
I have installed MAME and configured the mGalaxy Runaway, I've tested 1 game (street fighter III 3rd strike), and it works, but I have few questions about mGalaxy :
- in mGalaxy, I see all the game listed on MAME screen, but I want to only see the available games, like ine the MAME programm, how I can do that ?
- and the name of the games are like "sf3rd" and not Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, how i I can modify this ?

Thank you

EDIT : I have uploaded the DB in mGalaxy Runaway but now I have 0 game... :/ why my Street Fighter III 3rd Strike is not listed ?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 09:15:20 AM by Flo »