Author Topic: Video preview settings  (Read 6973 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Video preview settings
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 04:03:56 AM »
You started this whole mGalaxy and solo?
Not sure to understand! Do you mean "Is mGalaxy a one man project?"
If so, yes..and no! ;)
Yes, I'm the only programmer on the project but I can count with the precious help of users, here on the forum,  to bring help on support and translations!

turtleblizzard

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 03:50:59 AM »
I got a chance to test shortly now and it seems to work perfectly. 10 seems about sweet spot. Allows to browse and look at pictures some time with music in background. If want to see video then can wait lil time.

Thanks for quick work. You started this whole mGalaxy and solo?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 02:57:21 PM »
Here is a build for you to test!
Would you please follow those steps to test it safely:
1. Rename mGalaxy.exe to mGalaxy.exe.bak (to keep a backup of your original mGalaxy app)
The same for mGalaxy32.dll (mGalaxy32.dll.bak) and mGalaxy64.dll (mGalaxy64.dll.bak)
2. Extract files from the joined .zip file to the mGalaxy folder
3. With a text editor, open 'mGalaxy\Data\Settings.xml' file and add <Advanced videodelay="4" /> on a new line after <Settings version="6.3">
You should end up with something like this:
Code: (xml) [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Settings version="6.3">
  <Advanced videodelay="4" />
  <Languages selected="en">
    <Language id="de" value="Deutsch" />

Remember to save! I've set the video start delay to 4...but you can set it to the value you want (in seconds)

Then try...and report! ;)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 03:01:03 PM by mgalaxy »

turtleblizzard

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 10:49:31 AM »
Yeah what I really was looking for at first was simply an option "Video preview delay" with options like 1 second, 10 seconds, 30 seconds. Sure it could be in the xml as well

And about the other more advanced part, I didn't really mean it like that (no need for changing game). I meant like...
*shows screenshot*>*plays video1*>shows screenshot again*>*plays video2*>*shows screenshot yet again*>*plays video1 again* (if one could somehow name videos like "Resident_Evil_7-1" and "Resident_Evil_7-2" for example. I don't know if it's remotely possible and it's not so important, but it would be fun to able to have one video of 1 level and then another video of another level. I don't know how games like Halo and Crash Bandicoot do it that it keeps looping menu>video>menu>video>menu, even picking a random video). The alternative is to edit one video to include many scenes, but that's a lot of work lol

But just the first thing would be superb because then I'd really be motivated to add some video clips in my library

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 06:46:53 PM »
...and then it goes back to main menu for a while before showing another "demo video"
At first, I thought that you simply wanted the screenshot to be displayed a little bit longer...but your phrase make me think that you would like the system to then switch to a random game by itself!? Is that the case?
I'm afraid that most users wouldn't like to:
- wait for 30 seconds before seing the video
- have the system switch by itself to a random game and lose their focused game

...but I understand your wish and would like to help you the best I can, so here's what I could propose you:
- you simply want the screenshot to be displayed a little longer before switching to video:
As I told you I can't implement it de facto and I don't want to add another option in the menu (I wan't to keep mGalaxy as simple and easy go as possible)...but I could make this variable accessible in the "settings.xml" file so that you could edit it the way you like!
- you want the screenshot to be displayed a little longer, then run the movie and finally switch to another (random) game to start the same sequence:
This is actually what is called an "attract mode"! I could add this functionality and bind it to a button shortcut! You would press on the dedicated button to enter/quit this mode!

What would you need and what about my suggestions?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:50:54 PM by mgalaxy »

turtleblizzard

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 02:37:41 PM »
Hey thanks for reply
Well my vision is more that since I have big and long library of games, I'd like using Mgalaxy itself kind of like a trip down to memory lane. I have some memorable game musics play in background and most snapshots are game covers or backsides. So I'd like the cover to stay on screen a bit longer and also to not have the video audio play so fast. Also because sometimes I just like to leave Mgalaxy on, like a rolling demo or the consoles you can find at some stores. Someone might touch it and play, or it might just run in background.
It's just a small quirk that I'd like the game cover to stay on the screen a while longer. And then after some wait, 30 seconds or so, a "demo video" plays, like some games have, and then it goes back to main menu for a while before showing another "demo video" (I found that pretty hypnotic in some games). Mgalaxy already has that simple beauty (compared to something like Hyperspin) and Id just like to make the whole process even slower, sometimes I just boot up Mgalaxy to look at some games instead of playing anything lol and now it's a hard choice whether I want to attach a video at all because it starts play so fast

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 03:32:11 PM »
Hi turtleblizzard,
Unfortunately, no such settings available..for now!
I'm just curious to know: what would be the finale 'destination' for this trick? Usually, one uses the list to quickly browse and have a snap/movie overview of the game! How do you (intend to) use it?

turtleblizzard

Video preview settings
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 05:08:36 AM »
I tried looking around settings and search here but found nothing. So I'm wondering is there any way to tweak the preview picture and video settings. I'd like to add extra delay so that the picture turns into video like after 10 seconds instead of 1 second. And also I'd like that to be a loop so that after the video is over it shows the picture again, and after 10 seconds a video plays again. (In dream world there would be like 3-10 video options randomly picked from. Like how many games do their menu>demo>menu process)

Or is the easiest way just to do a video with 10 second static image at the start?