Author Topic: mGalaxy_Runway - folder names  (Read 4996 times)

randypower

mGalaxy_Runway - folder names
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 03:46:56 PM »
Here are a couple of nits I noticed that I had to figure out. They are inconsistencies in names used in the UI. They're certainly not bugs, but I offer them as feedback. Making the language more consistent could help other new'ish users move along more quickly.

Videos vs. Movies -- The DB UPDATE tab has a checkbox labeled "Movie" which (if selected) downloads video files into the MAME tab's "Videos" folder.

Covers vs. Marquees -- Everywhere I've seen in the MAME world, the term "Marquee" is used, and I had no idea what "Covers" was used for until I saw my cabinets show up there with a theme that shows marquees (SystemArcade...).

Snap(shots) vs. Screenshots -- The MAME distribution creates the 'snap' folder, but The UI asks for a "Screenshots" folder. This didn't slow me down, but I mention it to be a little more thorough.

I searched quite a lot but never found explanations for what some of the folders are:

• Logos - where would this be used?
  • Arts - what is this and where would it be used?  The MAME EXTRAS package (available elsewhere) has 'artpreview' which is what I've added here, but I haven't seen it used anywhere.

Cheers