Author Topic: Some Preferences options i dont understand  (Read 609 times)

HHH

• Email
Some Preferences options i dont understand
« on: December 05, 2017, 02:58:50 AM »
Hi:

I can't see the differences between using or not using the next Preferences options:
Could you please explain them?
I can't see any help aboyt them

Under "LIST"
-Animate
-Use images

Under "SETTINGS"
-Snapshots separated

Thanks in advance.
Please, continue this great work. I used Maximus Arcade for years, but since i have discovered this easy and beautiful FE, i only use it.

THANKS

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Some Preferences options i dont understand
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 04:00:56 AM »
Hi HHH,
Thanks for the feedback! :)

List > Animate:  if checked, you will see the list items moving during scroll (transitioning from their actual position to the new one)
List > Use images: if checked a clear logo (if available) will be displayed instead of the game name.

Settings > Snapshot separated: MAME only setting. By default, MAME reads and saves snapshots in: <Your snapshot folder>/<Rom named folder>/0000.png
So, "pacman" snapshot would be saved in: mysnapfolder/pacman/0000png...but nearly every one prefers to use a singles snapshot folder with all snapshots listed inside (mysnapfolder/pacman.png).
Thus this setting allows you to choose the structure for the snapshop read format!

HHH

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 08:02:12 AM »
thanks very much
now it's all clear

willing the next version
will it be released at the end of the year?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 02:52:46 PM »
willing the next version
will it be released at the end of the year?
Working on a maintenance update but..are you waiting for special feature that you would like to see implemented?

sym3ioz

• Email
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 07:35:13 AM »
Hi HHH,
Thanks for the feedback! :)

List > Animate:  if checked, you will see the list items moving during scroll (transitioning from their actual position to the new one)
List > Use images: if checked a clear logo (if available) will be displayed instead of the game name.

Settings > Snapshot separated: MAME only setting. By default, MAME reads and saves snapshots in: <Your snapshot folder>/<Rom named folder>/0000.png
So, "pacman" snapshot would be saved in: mysnapfolder/pacman/0000png...but nearly every one prefers to use a singles snapshot folder with all snapshots listed inside (mysnapfolder/pacman.png).
Thus this setting allows you to choose the structure for the snapshop read format!

Hi, I just wanted to know how the "use images" option works. Because I've checked it, I have all the clear logos from the DBs updates, but still have the game names listed with default font. It would be so much better to have the logos in the list instead but I can't figure out how to make this work.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 04:44:54 PM »
Hi, I just wanted to know how the "use images" option works. Because I've checked it, I have all the clear logos from the DBs updates, but still have the game names listed with default font. It would be so much better to have the logos in the list instead but I can't figure out how to make this work.
This option only works with themes supporting it! This is the case of the "Presenter" theme!

sym3ioz

• Email
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 08:34:00 AM »
OK, all clear for me now. This is gonna make me think about purchasing premium for sure!

Nice job for all this stuff by the way. The best FE for me!