Author Topic: Winvice configuration trouble  (Read 4346 times)

Gianluca

Re: Winvice configuration trouble
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 09:13:59 PM »
Hi,

No, I couldn't run zip files via unzip.exe since after launching a game the screen turns black and then goes back to mGalaxy, having Winvice running on background (doesn't happen by running Winvice outside mGalaxy).
And yes, same problem with both servers.

Anyway, I guess there is something wrong with Good64 romset, since i found on past messages someone having the same issue.

I fixed this by dropping the database and choosing other romsets, but maybe for future versions a check on this issue may help others.

Thank you for your support!

Gianluca

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Winvice configuration trouble
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 04:02:35 PM »
As I set a roms folder with my GoodC64 roms, mGalaxy only accept it if the roms are zipped, if I unzip the roms (.d64 and .t64) mGalaxy mark the folder as empty or with invalid files as I try to update the database.
So, when using zip files everything is working as it should, coorect?
Do you have the same problem on both database webservers?

Gianluca

Winvice configuration trouble
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 02:31:56 AM »
Hi,

I'm having big issues on roms managment with this system.

As I set a roms folder with my GoodC64 roms, mGalaxy only accept it if the roms are zipped, if I unzip the roms (.d64 and .t64) mGalaxy mark the folder as empty or with invalid files as I try to update the database. It looks like a romname issue since I have no problems with other romsets, but I'd like not to rename all the roms.

For running my zipped files, I tried to place unzip.exe on my Winvice folder, but if I try to run a game the screen turns black and then returns to mGalaxy, while Winvice is running on the background.

Any ideas on how to fix this two issues?

Thank you in advance!

Gianluca