Author Topic: Help with menu problem  (Read 3949 times)

tslayer71

• Email
Re: Help with menu problem
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 07:21:18 PM »
Thanks - keyboard mapping worked! Awesome frontend by the way!

Thanks,
           Tslayer

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 03:19:52 PM »
I would advice you to have a look at the keyboard shortcuts!
You can see (and set) them in mGalaxy_Runway and you can display them at any time inside mGalaxy (default key is 'h')

Hi, thanks for the response! So I figured out hitting one button goes between the 'contra' screen and the screen that lists all games.
Yes, you surely hit the "Only show favorites ON/OFF" shortcut button. So pressing this button will switch accordingly ;)

It looks like you just highlight a game, press a button (button 1) and it puts a smiley face up on the top left of the game screen shot.
Yes, there too, you'll have to hit the "Add to favorite" button (which is not '1' by default, by the way! '1' is to launch the game by default)

Have a look at the key shortcuts and their mapping and all your problems will be solved ! ;)

tslayer71

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 02:33:20 PM »
Hi, thanks for the response! So I figured out hitting one button goes between the 'contra' screen and the screen that lists all games. So that brings up another question - I cant' seem to enter new favorites. I watched the youtube video about selecting favorites. It looks like you just highlight a game, press a button (button 1) and it puts a smiley face up on the top left of the game screen shot. I'm unable to do this - I cant get the smiley face to come up at all. The contra screen has the smiley face - is that screen somehow locking my ability to choose other games as favorites?
I've also included a screen shot of what my option page is set at....

thanks,
               Tslayer

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 05:14:27 AM »
mGalaxy uses a powerful "nested filters" engine!
That means that you may filter on many attributes in cascade.

Ex.: I want to filter out my list with my available roms only THEN filter out the result with my favorite games only THEN filter out the result on 3 players only...etc

The filtering may be done from 2 places: the "Preference" window and the "Search" window.
From the "Preference" window, you may filter on: available only, favorites only, specific genre, players number
From the "Search" window, you input a term and the list will be filtered out on this term until you choose to "Clear" it

There are icons on the interface to help you figure out which filter is actually in action

Now when I start mgalaxy it shows only one game 'contra' and at the bottom  left it says 'co' which must have been the search string? I can't figure out how to get to the menu where all the games are displayed
So now to reply to your question: your game list is filtered (or maybe multi-filtered).
You just need to remove the filtering by opening the preference/search window and clearing it!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:25:53 AM by mgalaxy »

tslayer71

• Email
Help with menu problem
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 02:04:20 PM »
Hi, some buddies were over playing last night and got into the search function I think. Now when I start mgalaxy it shows only one game 'contra' and at the bottom  left it says 'co' which must have been the search string? I can't figure out how to get to the menu where all the games are displayed. Any help would be greatly appriciated....

thanks,
               tslayer