Author Topic: Adding A New Application - Virtual Boy  (Read 4232 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Adding A New Application - Virtual Boy
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 03:59:29 AM »
don't forget to include the .zip extension too
Thanks for pointing this out! It'l be done ;)

PrettyPrincess

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 09:37:15 PM »
Thanks Mr. Galaxy. It works fine. But don't forget to include the .zip extension too. All of my roms are in .zip format and I had to edit the last line.

extensions=".vb,.vboy,.zip"

Now, I can play all of my blinding, red Virtual Boy games.  :-*

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 03:30:28 AM »
Hi PrettyPrincess!

How exactly do I manually add a new application to the list, under Virtual Boy? Currently, I only see BizHawk and Red Dragon [Script]. RetroArch has a Virtual Boy core called Beetle VB.
With a text editor, open mGalaxy folder -> Data -> BaseSystems -> BaseSystems.xml
Locate the block of code related to Virtual Boy
Code: (xml) [Select]
<System type="Console">
<Name ss="11" em="Nintendo_Virtual_Boy" tgdb="Nintendo Virtual Boy" gb="79|VBOY">Nintendo Virtual Boy</Name>
<Emu selected="Red Dragon [Script]">
<Cmd hidden="true" name="BizHawk" value="--fullscreen &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".7z,.vb,.zip"/>
<Cmd hidden="false" name="Red Dragon [Script]" value="&quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".vb"/>
</Emu>
</System>
You can see 2 lines beginning with <Cmd hidden=......>, add a third one
<Cmd hidden="true" name="RetroArch [mednafen_vb_libretro.dll]" value="-f -L cores\mednafen_vb_libretro.dll &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".vb,.vboy"/>
So, the final block should look like this:
<System type="Console">
<Name ss="11" em="Nintendo_Virtual_Boy" tgdb="Nintendo Virtual Boy" gb="79|VBOY">Nintendo Virtual Boy</Name>
<Emu selected="Red Dragon [Script]">
<Cmd hidden="true" name="BizHawk" value="--fullscreen &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".7z,.vb,.zip"/>
<Cmd hidden="false" name="Red Dragon [Script]" value="&quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".vb"/>
<Cmd hidden="true" name="RetroArch [mednafen_vb_libretro.dll]" value="-f -L cores\mednafen_vb_libretro.dll &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".vb,.vboy"/>
</Emu>
</System>

Save then start mGalaxy_Runway to create a new 'VirtualBoy' system, you will see that a new emulator is available
To finish, please come back here and report that everything is working as it should  so that I can add this update with the next version!! ;)

is it possible to set a wallpaper for each Console
No, it isnt!

PrettyPrincess

Adding A New Application - Virtual Boy
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 02:35:40 AM »
How exactly do I manually add a new application to the list, under Virtual Boy? Currently, I only see BizHawk and Red Dragon [Script]. RetroArch has a Virtual Boy core called Beetle VB.

https://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Beetle/Mednafen_VB

Also, is it possible to set a wallpaper for each Console? Instead of showing artwork for each rom such as Mario Tennis or Wario Land, I would like to set a single wallpaper of the console itself, the Virtual Boy.