Author Topic: Databases fusions  (Read 5537 times)

maxriffs

• Email
Re: Databases fusions
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 02:51:59 PM »
I try it tomorow on an other computer or can I install a second one wihout interaction ?
Yes you are good understand but I think the merge will operate when I try to update some other system. I know that the merge was do with the atari ST, ont other one. The last was with the PSX. I update hours long the covers and navigate to other system to look something, as I return I see other games that was not PSX. I close and return but the database was really merged.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 08:28:46 AM »
Hi MAXRIFFS,

Sorry to hear that you had to experience a problem while using mGalaxy!
Could you tell me exactly how to reproduce what you're talking about? It's hard to believe to me, since there's no code to merge database inside mGalaxy ;)
Please can you make a test from scratch (from a clean mGalaxy install) and give here all steps to reproduce your problem?

If I understand you well (do I?) you're creating a system (let's say Atari 2600) then a second system (let's say Commodore 64), creating a database for both of them...then, later on, when you open mGalaxy_Runway, the first system is merged with the second?

Thanks for your help...I'll help you my best with the info you will be giving to me!

maxriffs

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 08:06:11 AM »
Excuse my bad english.
The two databases merge without option or action, I only navigate and as I open the mgalaxyrunaway I see that my databases was merged :/
The first database in the list was for me the atari ST and it's the base that was merged with others.

That is arrived 2 times.

Now I close the application after a change before I go to another to bypass the problems.

jmd

• Email
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 07:57:02 AM »
Some days ago I had my atari ST database fusionned with an other, the only way was to delete the 2 database and renew it. when you spend hours to clean the covers and so it's really a big bug :/
Sorry, can't understand what you're talking about...could you please make it more clear?
How did you merge the 2 database? There's no such a tool in mGalaxy!

the only way was to delete the 2 database
There's no bugs if you choose to erase the database by yourself! By the way, erasing a database won't erase pictures?
...or maybe are you talking of updating a database and choosing 'replace' in the options!? There indeed the data and pictures would be erased and replaced with the ones from the webserver (if any)...but there too, no bug, there's even a confirmation windows to warn you about possible deletion!

Please try to be more specific, I'm doing my best but can't hardly understand what you're talking about ;)

maxriffs

• Email
Databases fusions
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 05:53:32 AM »
Hi,

First thank's a lot for your great job, I bought license because it's for me the best frontend ! I love it.
I have a big database and make a lots of operation, I try to make all my stuff perfectly configured on mgalaxy.

Some days ago I had my atari ST database fusionned with an other, the only way was to delete the 2 database and renew it. when you spend hours to clean the covers and so it's really a big bug :/