Author Topic: Is it possible to change the blue background to something else?  (Read 10668 times)

uptown47

Re: Is it possible to change the blue background to something else?
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 10:51:06 AM »
Hi mGalaxy,

Did you manage to get anywhere with a dedicated "fruit machine" front end?

I know you were working on one but wondered if it was still coming along?

Cheers

John :-)

uptown47

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 04:31:28 AM »
Hi mgalaxy

That sounds brilliant!

You're right that there is just 'images' to be displayed. And to over lay them on to the screen of the machine would be brilliant.

How much work is involved in changing the fruit machine image?

Is it feasible/possible for me to potentially change your fruit machine image and insert one exactly the same size/type of my own machine (just for my own use) ??

Or is it impossible for anyone other than a developer to alter a background theme?

Either way it would be great to get a proper 'fruit machine' theme.

Thanks for all your hard work. :)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 12:56:53 PM »
Mmhh...I'm afraid it's going to be tough! :(

First, mGalaxy doesn't use background images !
We have info to display, we have a scrolling list, a screenshot, etc...and we thing that it won't be readable enough over such a background
(...plus,  we think - just a point of view - that this style: elements over a background image...isn't that cool! Even if we think that the images you've chosen are great image and that you made a good choice! ;) )

We could go the 3D way (or pseudo 3D), a preferred way for us!
BUT, there's also the problem of the screenshot representing themselves part of the slot machine!
The best we could do there is use a machine like this one and display the screenshots on the main screen of the machine!
Would it be acceptable for you?

I can see on your machine that ideally the theme should be vertical?

Here's is what we can propose you! Does it sound a good way to go for you?

PS: I suppose that there's no movies as we can find for mame for fruit machines? So there would just be images to be displayed, is that correct?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 01:04:35 PM by mgalaxy »

uptown47

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 08:13:53 AM »
Hi mgalaxy

Thanks for the reply. A fruit machine theme would be awesome! I've bought a license for mgalaxy so I'm currently looking through the themes available and none of them are particularly "fruit machine" orientated.

I know what I would like personally but I don't know how much work it would be.

I've built my own fruit machine using MFME as the emulator. I've taken a picture of the machine and converted it to a transparent png (but can make it into whatever you want) and it would be amazing to have my 'machine' instead of the arcade machine on something like the "SystemArcade_Black_v2" theme. I'm not sure if creating a 'theme' is something I can do myself ?

Anyhoo, if not, for a generic 'fruit machine' theme I've uploaded a background that I think would look quite good? Not sure if you could use something like that.

I've also uploaded some screenshots of the fruit machine games for you to play about with.

You can find everything here.... http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/1FRDixu4/file.html

I'll have a look for other ideas and let you know if I find anything suitable.

Will be really interested to see if it's something you can do.

Cheers

John :)

PS.. *EDIT* some more images... http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/vpjD6Ymb/file.html
The problem with the emulated fruit machines are that, with fruit machines, the whole machine is 'themed' so it makes it difficult to pick a generic image to act as a 'surround' that would make sense. It would probably be better to have one of the other images but faded/blurred/slight transparent but then overlay the screenshot of the actual machine on it (maybe?). I don't know enough about how your themes are put together or what's possible to really comment constructively as I'm relatively new to mGalaxy so I'm still finding my feet with it.

It's brilliantly done though so congrats on making such a great frontend :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 08:20:59 AM by uptown47 »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 01:06:04 AM »
I would like to create a fruit machine theme (perhaps like the 'arcade' theme, with a cabinet and the monitor displaying screenshots). I  would need a 'generic' fruit machine cabinet that would suit for most of the fruit machines! Can you give me images/links to such a cabinet (from your point of view)?

Second point, related to the first one: are there screenshots available for the fruit machines?
If yes, do they capture the whole machine or only the display? (cause if it represents the complete machine, my first idea is obsolete ;) )
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 01:59:00 AM by mgalaxy »

uptown47

Is it possible to change the blue background to something else?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 12:36:23 PM »
Hi all,
I'm using mGalaxy (great software BTW) as a frontend for MFME (a fruit machine emulator). It is only being used for this one machine and it would be great if I could maybe have a big picture of a fruit machine in the background or something?

I've managed to set up individual 'screenshots' for each machine but is there a way of changing the blue colour to something else? An image perhaps?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers :-)