Author Topic: PCSX2 Seperate settings for different PS2 games  (Read 5841 times)

Aeliss

Re: PCSX2 Seperate settings for different PS2 games
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 10:06:46 AM »
It's a little bit complicated.
That I would do :
1 - create a folder for special config
2 - inside i will put 1 folder by game that need a special configuration.
3 - I will edit the autoit file with something like that :

Code: (autoit) [Select]
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")

if StringInStr($command, "game1.iso") Then
   $PID = Run ('"' & $app & '" ' & $command & ' --cfgpath="special_config/game1"')
Elseif StringInStr($command, "game2.iso") Then
   $PID = Run ('"' & $app & '" ' & $command & ' --cfgpath="special_config/game2"')
Else
   $PID = Run ('"' & $app & '" ' & $command)
Endif

while _WinWaitActivePID($PID)
   sleep(500)
wend

And If I have too much game, I will search in the special folder for a folder with the same name than the game, instead of using an if loop for each game, using the command FileFindFirstFile().
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:09:26 AM by Aeliss »

AnimeFan95

• Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »
Sorry. I don't follow  :-[

Are you suggesting that I create a folder that has the same name as the ".iso" folder and place all my configuration settings (.ini files) in there in the same path where all the iso files go?

And I am not sure what to do with this code. Do I insert it in "PCSX2 [Script].au3"?

In my case, I have a folder called "isos" where all of my PS2 isos are, as well as the shortcuts (.lnk files) which point to the actual game iso, and runs the game with its configuration settings.

So for example, my "Soul Calibur II.lnk" file in the iso folder contains this target: "C:\Users\MAME\Documents\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe "C:\Users\MAME\Documents\PCSX2\isos\Soul Calibur II.iso" --cfgpath="C:\Users\MAME\Documents\PCSX2\config\Soul Calibur II-inis"".

Ignore the "MAME", that's just the name of my PC. And "Soul Calibur II-inis" is where all of my ".ini" files are.

Is there anyway to add the shortcuts to the "Sony PS2" list and run it that way?

Aeliss

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 10:15:26 AM »
With autoit script all is possible, but I have same problem and it s realy more difficult.
You can use some configuration option with command line but not all. If you want all the configuration you need to have a special folder by game with all the ini files (more than 10 files) and use

Code: [Select]
--cfgpath="Path": Specifies the configuration files path.
So the better way is to use a autoit script that search if the folder exist and modify the command line if needed.

The file is already exist, it is called "PCSX2 [Script].au3" but it need improvement.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 10:16:59 AM by Aeliss »

AnimeFan95

• Email
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 10:07:59 AM »
Ok. I have managed to create 4 shortcuts to my PS2 isos and their respective configuration settings using this command:

Example:
c:\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe "c:\PS2\Final Fantasy X.iso" --fullscreen --cfgpath="c:\My Configs\FFX"

My question is this. Can we run shortcuts on mGalaxy? If so, how can I accomplish this?

Again, many thanks :)

Kind regards,
AnimeFan95

AnimeFan95

• Email
PCSX2 Seperate settings for different PS2 games
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 07:47:27 AM »
Hello everyone :)

I have a question if you don't mind. I noticed mGalaxy opens the PCSX2 directly with the game requested. Is there a method to launch PCSX2 from mGalaxy so that it loads different settings for each game? For example, the Soul Calibur and Tekken games require different configuration settings to run at full speed. How do I do it so that I can run those games from mGalaxy with their different settings already configured (i.e. emulation, video, audio) etc.?

This is a desperate request so any help will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
AnimeFan95
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 10:08:18 AM by AnimeFan95 »