Author Topic: New Version  (Read 8056 times)

Causbrite

• Email
Re: New Version
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 02:11:32 PM »

Could you completely remove the  flashing command window when you close mgalaxy and is enabled "Shutdown on quit"

Don't know if I want this myself. I like the window, and don't use mGalaxy on a stand alone machine. Maybe this should be selectable in the menu? Or as part of Runway?

rash2236

• only arcade game
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 01:44:13 PM »
my suggestion add:

- Joystick/Joypad support
- Game Movie 

no need for major changes mGalaxy meets all the requirements

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 11:10:17 AM »
Could you completely remove the  flashing command window when you close mgalaxy and is enabled "Shutdown on quit"
This window will be completely removed in the next version.

What will be the next step in the development of the project ??
I have no idea for now!?
I have been working on mGalaxy a lot of time those last days, I think that I've fulfilled major requests...so, I'm waiting for the next idea/improvement to come into my mind (or from my faithfull users ;-)

rash2236

• only arcade game
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 08:43:52 PM »
thanks for the new version mGalaxy  :)

In the next month buy supporter versions  8)
What will be the next step in the development of the project ??

Causbrite

• Email
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 11:34:08 AM »
Excellent.

Supporters is quite a good name I reckon. You don't hear it much, most of the time it's "official" or "ad-free". It certainly answered my question, so..... black steel it is.

And for the rest of you brits out there, that only costs £5.27, which is a bloody good deal for a free frontend, think of it as a nice gesture to someone who is spending time creating what we want.

And here it is.....

EDIT: Also with it being 2.1, the music feature works a treat, just a quick one though, is there a way to skip tracks?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:46:53 PM by Causbrite »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 07:00:41 AM »
Hi Causbrite,
v2.1 is to be released....tomorrow or saturday  ;)
I'll post the news on every forum/site/blog I'm aware of. But please, if you (everyone) can, spread the news around you...Thanks!

I'd like to take the opportunity of your question, to speak a little about the "supporter's edition":
- I know that it look like a "buy" (and it is...I don't want to play with words!). But I would like you all to understand that I don't see it as a business, mGalaxy is free and will always stay free...but at the same time, on the last 5 years, only ONE person thought to press on the "donate" button that was on the home page!! (and I can tell you that I had thousands of downloads (an average 500 per month, if I can trust my web statistics ;-)...that would be about 60,000 downloads in this time period).
One person!
I know, I'm like you, no one is to blame! There's a lot of reason to this (we are used of free internet thinks, we are tired of having to pay, pay, pay every time......etc).
So I thought: I want to continue developing mGalaxy, I want it to be free and accessible to everyone...but I have some costs, hosting, developing, creating sounds (yep they are "original" one!  ;)) and graphics!

That's the reason why I thought of allowing people who want to support mGalaxy, people that would have like to help and donate, to be able to do it...and receive a reward in return!
Of course if you "donate" and receive something in exchange...that become a "buy"!?...but you understand the idea ;-)

mGalaxy is available for free, with the "look" that has been its since the beginning...and for people willing to give a little help and support a "Supporter's Version" is available (by the way, is it a good name? English isn't my mother tongue and I wonder if there would be a better way to name it?! Any idea?)

Now to strictly answer your question: Yes! When you "donate" ;) you get into a database and on each new version you will be sent a mail with the link to the new "themed" version!

PS: if you're in an hurry, just note that all the "Supporters Edition" are already v2.1 versions ;-)

Causbrite

• Email
New Version
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 05:47:51 AM »
So, any idea when we will see version 2.1 or Runway? They look like (from what we can read when you drop hints and post a pic) like good improvement's to an already bloody good frontend.

Quick question, if we buy a "supporter's" version, quite like the Black Steel myself, does this also include updates?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:54:38 AM by Causbrite »