Author Topic: possible to delete non-favorites?  (Read 5806 times)

Eduardolicious

Re: possible to delete non-favorites?
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »
duplicate plan worked perfectly! thanks all

Eduardolicious

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 08:37:01 PM »
hm i finally got a monitor dragged over, and unless i'm missing something, in DBedit there isnt a way to see which games are favorited (so that i can hide the others)

i may just have to go with the duplicate option and hide things i dont want

Eduardolicious

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 08:05:04 PM »
those gifs were very helpful, thanks. i'm definitely going to have to drag a monitor over to my cabinet cuz i dont see any of that on my arcade monitor lol

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 03:46:04 AM »
Yes, you can. There too it's simply a matter of clicking an icon to duplicate a system!
When you duplicate, all the paths are kept but you'll have to copy paste the DB from the original system to the duplicated system...once again using the user friendly mGalaxy interface
Just wanted to add that the next update will allow you to whether or not copy user files (database, favorites, top10, ...) from the 'original' folder to the 'duplicated' folder when duplicating.

jmd

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 01:50:59 AM »
i didnt realize there was a 'hidden' column in DBedit, since it has problems showing the full window when its plugged into my arcade monitor. i might plug another monitor in and try that

That's not a column but an icon. 3 icons actually, 1 to hide, 1 to un-hide, 1 to switch display of hidden game on/off

but the idea about a second mame list is also great if that doesnt work! if i can just copy my existing mame one so i have something to start with that'd be perfect too

Yes, you can. There too it's simply a matter of clicking an icon to duplicate a system!
When you duplicate, all the paths are kept but you'll have to copy paste the DB from the original system to the duplicated system...once again using the user friendly mGalaxy interface ;)

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 02:58:17 AM by jmd »

Eduardolicious

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 09:12:48 PM »
both of those are BRILLIANT, thanks

i didnt realize there was a 'hidden' column in DBedit, since it has problems showing the full window when its plugged into my arcade monitor. i might plug another monitor in and try that

but the idea about a second mame list is also great if that doesnt work! if i can just copy my existing mame one so i have something to start with that'd be perfect too

jmd

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 03:58:17 PM »
Hi,

I can see 2 ways (at least) to achieve this:

1. If you're a Premium user (and you should be, mGalaxy is a fantastic front-end and deserves our support ;) ) simply go to the 'DBEdit' tab, then mark all the games you don't want to see as 'Hidden' (see the picture below). You would end with a list with your 500 favorite games. You would then use the favorite feature for your 'Superfavorites' !
2. Create another Mame instance that would list only your 'Superfavorites' (you can create as many instances that you want of a system), then it would just be a matter of switching between the 2 systems
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 04:00:38 PM by jmd »

Eduardolicious

possible to delete non-favorites?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 12:40:00 PM »
so not sure if this is something that's built in somewhere, or easily scriptable, but curious if there's some way to do it:

so i've got my mame setup all nice and how i like it. before i set it up i pared the 35000 or so roms down to a few thousand using filters to match my control panel/button setup. i then used favorites to make a list of the 500 or so legit good games anyone would ever actually want to play on my mame cab. so far, so good.

the question ive been asked by guests is if its possible to pare down the list even further to just a list of 'famous' games people might actually have heard of. since i'm already using 'favorites' for my pared down list, i couldn't think of a good way to achieve this. what i'm wondering is, is there some way for mgalaxy (or some related utility) to parse the list of games i have favorited, and delete everything that ISNT a favorite?

i figure once that's done i could then unfavorite everything, only have the 500 or so games that work, and only populate the favorites list with the 20-30 games people would actually want to play at a party

just spitballing/brainstorming but if anyone has ideas for something like this i'd love to hear em

alternatively if theres a button/list for like....SUPERFAVORITES...that works too haha