Author Topic: ADDED NEW SYSTEM HELP  (Read 6285 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: ADDED NEW SYSTEM HELP
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 03:09:38 AM »
Ooops, sorry, a copy/paste error in step 1!  (the original answer is corrected)

In "C:\Program Files (x86)\mGalaxy\Data\BaseSystems\", simply rename the "Red Dragon [Script]" folder to "Nintendo Virtual Boy"
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:12:52 AM by mgalaxy »

aaronfire

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 01:33:31 AM »

Hello:

First off thanks , thanks ,and thanks

I followed what you said, and now when i try to select it in mgalaxy, mgalaxy stops working, is there anything im missing

please let me know.....

Best Regards:  Aaron...

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 04:16:17 AM »
Ok! First of, this system is added to the "official" Base Systems list ;)

1. Create a folder named "Nintendo Virtual Boy" inside "C:\Program Files (x86)\mGalaxy\Data\BaseSystems\"
2. Copy the "icon.png" (see attached file below) inside it.
3. Copy the "Red Dragon [Script].au3" (see attached file below) inside ""C:\Program Files (x86)\mGalaxy\Data\Scripts\"
4. Open "C:\Program Files (x86)\mGalaxy\Data\BaseSystems\BaseSystems.xml" with a text editor.
5. Go to the end of the file and copy/paste this block of code BEFORE the last line (so, BEFORE '</Emulators>')
Code: (xml) [Select]
<System type="Console">
<Name ss="11" em="Nintendo_Virtual_Boy" tgdb="Nintendo Virtual Boy" gb="79|VBOY">Nintendo Virtual Boy</Name>
<Emu selected="Red Dragon [Script]">
<Cmd hidden="false" name="Red Dragon [Script]" value="&quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".vb"/>
</Emu>
</System>

You're now ready to run mGalaxy_Runway and create a "Nintendo Virtual Boy" system! :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:06:04 AM by mgalaxy »

aaronfire

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 10:37:58 AM »

Thanks!!!
 I Will give it all a try!
The Support here is fantastic!!!   I Will let you know what happens, and again thanks for a quick response..
All The Best And Regards:  Aaron

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 05:37:07 AM »
The Vic 20 works great, however I Cant get it to autostart cartridges through mgalaxy. They run great if I manually start them in winvice..
Launching cartridges for the VIC-20 (with a command line) is not that easy!
Launching a disk or tape is achieved by simply passing the rom filename to the emulator:
Code: [Select]
xvic.exe "path\gamesfile.d64"Launching a VIC-20 cartridge request the user to know what kind of cartridge is being used. (http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net/vice_7.html#SEC148)
There's no 'universal' command line to launch a cartridge. One need to know the type, then use '-cart2' or '-cart4' or '-cart6' or 'cartA' or.... before the game name to have it launched correctly!
xvic.exe -cart2 "path\cartType2.crt"
Fortunately, there's a little utility called 'PRG Starter' (http://www.boray.se/software/prgstarter/) that will 'recognize' the type of media you're passing to it and load the game through Winvice with the good rom settings applied!

Once 'PRG Starter' is properly configured you can launch a game through this utility that way:
PRG_Starter.exe "path\cartType2.crt"So, that's not the emulator that is called anymore but 'PRG Starter' which, in turns, launch WinVice!

Two things to know whenusing PRG Starter:
1. You won't be able to use zipped file anymore (when Winvice allows you to use them). You'll have to unzip all your (zipped) game files to be able to launch them.
2. You can't pass arguments to Winvice anymore! That mean that for instance you can't pass the '-fullscreen' argument in the command line (this is how mGalaxy proceed (until now) to force the fullscreen game opening)!
  Fortunately, there's a workaround to this: write the settings into the 'vice.ini' (the preference file of Winvice) file.

Setting 'Fullscreen' and 'Quit without confirmation window' preferences in the Winvice pref file

Open Winvice > 'Settings' menu > 'Save current settings'
Close Winvice
Open the 'vice.ini' file with a text editor and add those 2 lines:
FullscreenEnabled=1
ConfirmOnExit=0

Last step: edit mGalaxy accordingly
(this might be added into mGalaxy default settings in next version)
Open  this file with a text editor: "C:\Program Files (x86)\mGalaxy\Data\BaseSystems\BaseSystems.xml"
Go to the end of the file and copy/paste this block of code BEFORE the last line (so, BEFORE '</Emulators>')
Code: (xml) [Select]
<System type="Computer">
<Name ss="73" em="Commodore_VIC_20" tgdb="Commodore VIC-20" gb="30|VC20">Commodore VIC-20</Name>
<Emu selected="PRG Starter">
<Cmd hidden="false" name="PRG Starter" value="&quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".crt,.d41,.d64,.d71,.d81,.prg,.p00,.p01,.p02,.p03,.seq,.s00,.s01,.s02,.s03,.t64,.tap"/>
</Emu>
</System>

You'll have to create a folder names 'Commodore VIC-20' in "C:\Program Files (x86)\mGalaxy\Data\BaseSystems\" folder and place this image inside it!

You can now open mGalaxy_Runway and create a VIC-20 system!

Waow...that was long..but I hope that it'll help you launch your favorite cartridges ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 07:07:44 AM by mgalaxy »

aaronfire

ADDED NEW SYSTEM HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 02:16:05 PM »

Hello Everyone:

I'm Hoping someone can help me,  I successfully have added a commodore vic 20 (Winvice) and a Virtual Boy Emulator (RED Dragon) to my mgalaxy setup. 

The Vic 20 works great, however I Cant get it to autostart cartridges through mgalaxy. They run great if I manually start them in winvice..

And The escape Key Takes me back to a main menu in Red Dragon, not out of the emulator and back to Mgalaxy.
 If there is need of scripts could somone help, I Have never done them before, and I dont know how....

Thanks to all in Advance
 Happy Gaming and best Regards: Aaron...