Author Topic: MFME - New System Completed  (Read 11034 times)

uptown47

Re: MFME - New System Completed
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2017, 01:28:04 PM »
JMD,

You're a genius!

That worked a treat. Thank you so much for taking the time to put those instructions up.

Much appreciated. :-)

jmd

• Email
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 01:19:23 PM »
Hi uptown47,

This system is not yet implemented in the current release...
but you have all the needed info to add it by yourself with the help of reg!

So, go to mGalaxy > Data > BaseSystems folder.
Create a folder named "MFME"
Copy the icon posted by Reg into it

Open mGalaxy > Data > BaseSystems > BaseSytems.xml file with a text editor and add this code, juste before the ending line (so, just before "</Systems>")
<System type="Arcade">
<Name ss="" em="" tgdb="" gb="">MFME</Name>
     <Emu selected="MFME">
          <Cmd hidden="false" name="MFME" value="&quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".gam"/>
     </Emu>
</System>

From there, you should be able to create a MFME system from within mGalaxy_Runway!

uptown47

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 01:06:51 PM »
I've just stumbled across mGalaxy as I was looking for a frontend for MFME (I've previously used Hyperspin but that doesn't support the latest MFME).

I've installed it but can't see "Fruit Machine" or "Slot Machine" in the list of supported systems.

Does anyone know if this has been added yet? Or if it's called something different?

A big thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers :-)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 07:24:11 AM »
Ok, go for 'Fruit Machine' which is more sexy ;)

Reg

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 07:17:17 AM »
Excellent news - thank you.

You have a choice on the names...

- Slot Machine - Mostly American.
- Fruit Machine - Rest of the World.

I would go for Fruit Machine if it were my choice to make based on what the emulator can do and what I know of the target audience.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 07:19:33 AM by Reg »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 05:21:41 AM »
Adding this system to the official Base Sytems list! (thanks for submitting your work on the forum)
I'm just wondering, what is the best system name: 'Slot Machine' or 'Fruit Machine'? Isn't 'Fruit Machine' most used in the UK?
What would be the most universal name you think?

Reg

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 04:03:59 AM »
MFME is now completed.

The code for the BaseSystems file is as follows.

Code: [Select]

<System type="Arcade">
<Name ss="" em="" tgdb="" gb="">MFME</Name>
     <Emu selected="MFME">
          <Cmd hidden="false" name="MFME" value="&quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".gam"/>
     </Emu>
</System>

...the icon to use is attached.

...the settings for MFME found under Prefs are shown as FullScreen.png.

NOTE: The warning on this emulator only happens ONCE.  Best practice is to fire up the emulator without mGalaxy first and change accept the warning and save the prefs that I've shown, then all done.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:07:21 AM by Reg »

Reg

Re: MFME
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 11:33:09 AM »
Excellent - thank you.

In prefs for MFME, turn off "Start in Manager" and select either "Borderless Full Screen" or "Borderless Full Screen Max" for Screen Mode and finaly check "ESC to Exit".

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:14:45 PM by Reg »

jmd

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 10:50:36 AM »
I was able to quickly setting up a test system and the .gam file is visible in the list and loading normaly!
You have to pay attention to the fact that when the MFME application is launched by mGalaxy a Security Warning Window opens asking you if you're sure to run this software...BUT this window is hidden by mGalaxy!
You may think that mGalaxy crashes...but the system is actually waiting you to click the Yes/No button on this Security Warning window!

So, first, launch MFME manually and when the window pop up un-check the "Always ask before opening this file" checkbox.

I'm now curious to know if this application can be run fullscreen and quit with 'ESC' key!

Hope that my post will help you!

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:55:33 AM by jmd »

Reg

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 02:53:55 AM »
Many thanks all and yes, of course I will share.

Unfortunatly, unless somebody can advise - I am not sure if this is going to be able to do the job.

MFME uses essentially a .gam file to lauch the Fruit Machine games, you can get the emulator from here ( https://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/index.php?/topic/18094-mfmev5-release-thread/ ), the first post.

A good selection of games are available from here ( http://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/portal/ ), this needs resgistering to manage the download bandwidth.

When you run MFME, it opens a .gam file which contains all that is needed.  A typical one looks like the following...

bonkers_mpu5.gam
Code: [Select]
System MPU5
DIP 1 00000000
DIP 2 00000000
REEL 1 1 94
REEL 2 9 86
REEL 3 75 20
REEL 4 15 80
REEL 5 13 82
Stake 3
Jackpot 5
Percentage 8
SetPercent 86
TotalIn 4790
TotalOut 3340
Effects 255
SEC2 "CASHIN" 4790
SEC3 "CASHOUT" 3340
Played 37
Game Bonkers
Version 1.05
Layout BonkersDx.fml
ROM bon10s.p1
ROM bon10s.p2
ROM bon10s.p3
ROM bon10s.p4

The problem I am having with mGalaxy as it seems to be scanning from roms when you fire it up, is it automatically crashes if I put the rom extension in for .gam.  Now I know that is because it is not a binary file.

I need to make this recongisie the custom extension and just as it would display a rom, simply display the name of the .gam file in the menu.  For example, the .gam file above is bonkers_mpu5.gam and the menu should display "bonkers_mpu5".

I think the solution is to prevent the autoscanning and manually edit the database with the enteries of the .gam file.  Is this possible please ?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 02:45:39 PM »
Is it possible to configure the emulator to use and the launch parameters on an unsupported platform ?
Yes it is...and moreover we can help you to do it or even take the time to do all the work by our side!?
Please, if you choose to do take the way to do it by yourself may I ask you to then come here to share your work?

jmd

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 02:43:10 PM »
But take care, this one is a little out of date
Are you sure!?  I had to create a custom system a couple weeks ago and following this tutorial ended up in a working system!

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 10:37:32 AM »
Yes, it's possible ofc.
The tutorial is here http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=960.0
But take care, this one is a little out of date, I haven't found one more recent.

Reg

MFME - New System Completed
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 02:45:41 AM »
I am considering using this for an emulator that you will not currently support, MFME. ( Fruit Machines )

Is it possible to configure the emulator to use and the launch parameters on an unsupported platform ?

I don't care if this is is a long-winded ball ache, I am happy to put the effort into this however can anyone advise if this is possible.  I followed a tutorial link that simply says...

" An Error Has Occurred " (  http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=263.0 )

This front end looks awesome - also don't care if I have to buy the Premium to do - just need to know if it's possible.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:59:17 AM by Reg »