Author Topic: RetroArch core DLL filenames have changed  (Read 7056 times)

jmd

• Email
Re: RetroArch core DLL filenames have changed
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 07:12:41 AM »
From what I can see, these are the available cores for FB Alpha

fbalpha_libretro.dll
fbalpha2012_libretro.dll
fbalpha2012_cps1_libretro.dll
fbalpha2012_cps2_libretro.dll
fbalpha2012_neogeo_libretro.dll

..so, in your case (if you were previously using "fba_cores_cps1_libretro.dll") shouldn't you use "fbalpha2012_cps1_libretro.dll" instead of the generic "fbalpha_libretro.dll" ?

By the way, what is this '.info' extension in "fbalpha_libretro.info" ? Shouldn't it be "fbalpha_libretro.dll" ? ;)

jmd

• Email
Re: RetroArch core DLL filenames have changed
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 06:01:21 AM »
Thanks very much for the info!
Is there a way to get the list of all available DLL to help mGalaxy update the BaseSystems.xml file?

randombs

RetroArch core DLL filenames have changed
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 03:26:53 AM »
Hi all,

I was looking for a joypad-based front-end for emulation and tried 4-5 different ones but someone recommended I try mGalaxy...

I love it! It's so clean and easy to configure.

However, I found that no games would run via RetroArch/FBA  :o

I looked at the UserSystems.xml file and discovered that the RetroArch FBA cores(DLL files) must have got renamed after mGalaxy added support. In the section for FBA, I changed the enabled core's DLL filename to a correct one. For example:

fba_cores_cps1_libretro.dll ->  fbalpha_libretro.info

And now it works perfectly!

So for anyone having trouble using RetroArch with mGalaxy, this is probably the reason. Have fun!

(for anyone who has multiple systems using the same emulator, it might be good to change it in the BaseSystems.xml file as well so you don't have to keep editing UserSystems.xml)